Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto Cli's

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto Cli's

Hello Everyone,

When do auto cli's happen? Is this a scheduled type thing, like 3, 6, 12 month anniversary, or when a statement cuts? Or is it completely random, just whenever the company decides to review your account? Is it most likely to happen around the time your statement comes out, end if the month? When have your cli's happened?
Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13
RobertEG
Legendary Contributor

Re: Auto Cli's

Each creditor has its own process and requirements.

The advantge for waiting for them to offer a CLI based on their own periodic account reviews is that it will not involve a hard pull, which can result when you initiate a request for new or increased credit.

Message 2 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@ncochran1989 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

When do auto cli's happen? Is this a scheduled type thing, like 3, 6, 12 month anniversary, or when a statement cuts? Or is it completely random, just whenever the company decides to review your account? Is it most likely to happen around the time your statement comes out, end if the month? When have your cli's happened?

What lender are you asking about?

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 3 of 14
CountryLivin
Valued Contributor

It all depends on which card you are asking about.....how about a little more info!  Smiley Happy

Message 4 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

my personal take, do not expect AUTO cli... EVER from any lender.
if there's a limit you dislike, hope that they offer soft pull cli. if not, expect a hard pull cli.

if you keep paying multiple times in ONE billing cycle coz it's too low for your spending, sending a secure msg/calling them to make them 'aware' of the 'situation' might help. *i did it with chase. im not sure if making them 'aware' did it but i got an auto cli after 2 billing cycle. as always, YMMV!

Message 5 of 14
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@ncochran1989 wrote:
When do auto cli's happen?

When the given creditor has scheduled a review for an auto CLI and when the person's credit and income qualify for the CLI.  There is no universal schedule for when creditors consider one for an auto CLI.

@ncochran1989 wrote:
When have your cli's happened?

They have varied but a creditor is probably going to review your credit whether via HP or SP.

Message 6 of 14
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for all the replies. I apologize, I didn't get emails that I had replies. I have chase, boa, barclaycard, and a local credit union. If I was to get an auto cli, would it typically show up around the time the new statement comes in, or does it show up at random whenever they choose? I pay in full. When my balance is high, I pay multiple times in a billing cycle.
Message 7 of 14
KSK1912
Valued Contributor

Last night 7th statement cut with Barclays Apple Rewards card and got a $400 auto cli. Would have probably been a lot higher if it was not for my current uti with that card. At the initial $2K limit, that is still 20% which i will not compalin about.

6/14/15: Equifax 576 Experian 542 Transunion 571
8/17/15: Equifax 626 Experian 619 Transunion 622
9/28/15: Equifax 655 Experian 636 Transunion 641
11/11/15: Equifax 698 Experian 687 Transunion 672
Short Term Goal Score: 720 Across the board

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

Are you free Tuesday..?
Message 8 of 14
myjourney
Super Contributor

@ncochran1989 wrote:
Thanks for all the replies. I apologize, I didn't get emails that I had replies. I have chase, boa, barclaycard,These 3 every 6 months all via HP if you ask but auto are SP
and a local credit union. Your guess is as good as mine but it varies. Call them up and ask 
If I was to get an auto cli, would it typically show up around the time the new statement comes in, or does it show up at random whenever they choose? Varies and could go either way 
 I pay in full. When my balance is high, I pay multiple times in a billing cycle.

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 9 of 14
red259
Super Contributor

@ncochran1989 wrote:
Hello Everyone,

It varies by lender, although lenders usually have a policy that an account has to be a certain age before a CLI can be considered or if you just got a CLI you have to wait a period of time before you can get another one. I have gotten auto CLIs after about six months. I have also gotten them a year later. I have receieved auto CLIs from barclays, citi (multiple cards) and chase. In all cases the CLIs were triggered by somewhat heavy use of the card and then PIF. 

;
Starting Score: EQ: 714, TU 684
Current Score: EQ: 725 7/30/13, TU 684 6/2013, Exp 828 5/2018, Last App 8/5/17
Goal Score: 800 (Achieved!) In garden until Sepetember 2019
Message 10 of 14
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.