Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auto purchase with cc

tag
Open123
Super Contributor

Re: Auto purchase with cc

@gingerflower wrote:
Jfriend33 the reason I recommended a auto loan is because it makes more sense!! By the way her cc is Nfcu Lol!!

Aassuming your friend can pay it off within 12 - 18 months, 0% promo CC would be ideal.

Message 11 of 13
gingerflower
Valued Contributor

Thank you for all the feed back advice everyone.
Message 12 of 13
takeshi74
Senior Contributor

@gingerflower wrote:
Can anyone give an answer to her question?

What was her question?

She should probably see if they dealer will accept a card.  Whether a dealer will and how much they will accept can and does vary.  That may quickly answer whether or not that's even an option worth considering.

As others have said, if there's a 0% offer (and utilization is kept in check) and/or if she can pay off the balance immediately it's no probably not a big deal.  If she need to carry the balance then keep in mind that installment debt isn't considered the same as revolving debt.  The latter is seen as a bigger risk.  An auto loan would be an installment and if she doesn't have any installments then she would see a benefit to her mix of credit as well with an auto loan.

@Anonymous wrote:

I guess I assumed with a limit that high it at least had to be a 0% intro offer with a normal bank, or have some type of rewards.

Becareful with assuming.  Limit, intro offer and rewards are 3 entirely different things.  It's possible to have a $10K limit (more, even) without the other two.

Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.