Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automated Pay in Full?

tag
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

Re: Automated Pay in Full?

Agreed with above posters. you should not apply for anything while in mortgage process or 6 months before starting the process. Also wait 45-60 days after mortgage is completed before starting to app for other things.

Just because you have multiple cards it does not mean you have to carry it or even use it regularly. Some cards I keep at home in a drawer but they are being used for bills. For example my AMEX ZYNC that I have is barely used for anything, however I have two packs which is GYM pack $15 a year and UTILITIES pack which is $25 a year. With that I have automatic deductions for gym membership which is $61 a month and cable and cellphone bill which is about $260 a month. Also my electric and car insurance is taken out of Zync as well monthly which that comes out to about $300 average a month (more in summer). Thanks to the packs I get double points and 1% cash back on rest and it helps me organize my bills as well.

Rather than having 5 bills taken out of my checking account every month which could hit at any point whenever bills are due, everything is taken out of AMEX automatically and then rather than remembering 5 different due dates every month and ensuring that I keep my checking account balanced, I just worry about one due date on AMEX and paid it all off every month. Also with the amount that goes through it I make money at the end of the year. The gym pack pays itself off pretty much while utlities pack pays itself off and I make about $25+ cash back every year..on top of that I make about $50 bucks just in rest of the bills and between using it sporadically for travel purposes I make money off AMEX so don't be afraid to use credit cards for other things besides purchases...

then I have a credit card that is in drawer for last 2 years because Capital One refused to increase my limit past $500, but because there is no AF (or should I say they waived it last 2 years) I use it for NETFLIX$7.99 every month and its set on autopay. No reason to get rid of extra $500 in available credit if I don't have to pay for it and it helps my score...the day they won't waive the AF is the day the card will be cancelled.

Make the credit work for you...

I also have a Target card not because I use it or anything, but because it's 5% off target purchases...I go to target, buy something and then go home and pay it off...I bought 2 IPOD touches last christmas which were $195 each minus $20 gift card so about $175 each and then 5% off made it about $167.50...which was a great deal considering lower some stores had it was $199 on sale....shop smart with credit and save money!!!

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 11 of 12
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Automated Pay in Full?

You should let a small balance report before apping for the mortgage. Anything less than about 400 dollars will do you some good fico wise. Also make sure that you maintain a small balance because they will pull your credit several times; at least one time before actually funding the loan.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.