Established Contributor
VEEnVEGAS

Re: Automatic Approval

Lexa wrote:
By the way is there any reason why I don't get pre-approved on BOA website? I have good history and scores 

If you've ever had a CO with BofA or with MBNA, then they will not preapprove you for a card regardless of scores.
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

Also, if you're opted-out, you won't get any pre-approvals from anywhere. They need to be able to soft your accounts for a pre-approval.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Frequent Contributor
Lexa

That's what I was actually thinking. I might be OPT OUT because I haven't got any pre-approval offers for a while, except for Discover More that are mailing me one every week, and my FICO scores are EX 721, EQ 733, TU 730. How do I find out for sure? and how do I OPT back IN? Do I have to do it separately for every bureau?
Moderator Emerita
Community Leader
Epic Contributor
haulingthescoreup

https://www.optoutprescreen.com/?rf=t

Same site works for opting both out and in, and it will take care of all three bureaus. I don't think it will show you your current status (whether you're in or out), so you just click whichever you want.

I think it took 3-4 weeks for junk to hit my mailbox when I opted back in.

I do remember feeling mystified and a little hurt when I couldn't even get an offer for a secured card on the BofA pre-app site! :smileyvery-happy: --it was because I had opted out.
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Frequent Contributor
hobojon

haulingthescoreup wrote:
Also, if you're opted-out, you won't get any pre-approvals from anywhere. They need to be able to soft your accounts for a pre-approval.

The exception to this would be an issuer that you already have a relationship with. Some use internal history.

Frequent Contributor
Lexa

BTW i talked to Alliant loan officer today. She told me that since the pre-approvals are automatic they usually look at your file after you choose to accept an offer... Had anybody got denied or given a different ammount from what he received on the pre-approval?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}