Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic CLI

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Automatic CLI

Guys I have a Merrill Lynch Visa opened 6 mos ago- today FIA gave me a auto CLI,  just days ago I was deciding whether to ask for one. I thought it may be to soon I also noticed that most of the time this will not cost you a hard. Here"s the deal how soon can you go to their website and ask for a CLI it, asks for the amount of the CLI you would like. Normally what would be considered a reaonable amount to ask for. I would like to have the same as my other CC as they are all about the same suggestions anyone. Thanks
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
heirophant
Established Contributor

Re: Automatic CLI

To get the satisfaction of having a CC limit in line with your others might cost a hard.  It is something that an underwriter usually has to look at.  When CCC's do a soft pull to determine if you are eligible for a CLI, they usually just get a brief snapshot.  It tells them if anything negative has happened lately.  If nothing negative has happened, you get a CLI.  They can't get the detailed info they need without a hard pull.  Of course, I have heard of people having success with BOA/FIA just by telling them that they are not in line with their other creditors.  It all depends on who you get.  Just remember to ask if they are going to pull a hard...and by all means, the saying around here (forgot whose quote it is):

If at first you don't succeed, hang up and try again.
Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

heirophant wrote:
Just remember to ask if they are going to pull a hard...and by all means, the saying around here (forgot whose quote it is):

If at first you don't succeed, hang up and try again.

That would be the venerable jaybee!

Message 3 of 6
FretlessMayhem
Senior Contributor

And it's great advice.
Here we go again...
Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the advise CR same as the time of application you think they would still need to do a hard?
Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

Affirmative Frett!!!!!! Thanks
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.