Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Upgrade to Chase Freedom

tag
heirophant
Established Contributor

Automatic Upgrade to Chase Freedom

Don't know what I did to get on Chase's good list, but they sent me a letter I got today saying that as of April 30th, my account will be automatically converted to Freedom From the Free Cash Rewards program.  Was wondering if this might be a theme?  Maybe Chase is getting rid of that old program completely and converting all of the same program to Freedom?  I am ecstatic about this, though.  I called a year ago and they all but laughed at my request to upgrade the card to Freedom.

I didn't do anything special.  TU is 657, EQ is 625, so I couldn't see credit score coming into play here, although my score was below 600 when I got the card 2.5 years ago.

Anybody else get an automatic upgrade from Chase lately?

P.S.  Letter does state the limit stays the same -- $1,000.  Started with $300 limit.

Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Automatic Upgrade to Chase Freedom

@heirophant wrote:

Don't know what I did to get on Chase's good list, but they sent me a letter I got today saying that as of April 30th, my account will be automatically converted to Freedom From the Free Cash Rewards program.  Was wondering if this might be a theme?  Maybe Chase is getting rid of that old program completely and converting all of the same program to Freedom?  I am ecstatic about this, though.  I called a year ago and they all but laughed at my request to upgrade the card to Freedom.

I didn't do anything special.  TU is 657, EQ is 625, so I couldn't see credit score coming into play here, although my score was below 600 when I got the card 2.5 years ago.

Anybody else get an automatic upgrade from Chase lately?

P.S.  Letter does state the limit stays the same -- $1,000.  Started with $300 limit.

Have you been paying all of your other cards in good standing?

Message 2 of 6
heirophant
Established Contributor

Yes, no baddies or lates in 4+ years.  Good, clean living for me from now on.

Scores: TU (FICO8): 781, EQ (FICO8): 798, EX (FICO8): 788

In my wallet: Chase Sapphire Preferred: 16,000 | Chase Slate Edge: 8,100 | Bilt World Elite Mastercard: 16,000 | Fidelity Rewards Visa Signature: 8,500 | PenFed Visa Gold: 12,500 | Penfed Pathfinder: 15,000 | Apple Card: 6,500 | Lowe's: 35,000 | Northern Skies FCU Platinum: 15,000 | Kohls: 3,000

Mortgage 11/20
Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

I can't get anything from them.

My cards are ex-WAMU and I must be on their edited list.Smiley Surprised

I can't even do a BT.Smiley Sad

EX  774

EQ 789

Yes, even swearing in another language is a no-no here. - llecs

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

ca ca is baby talk not swearing.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

TODAY I APPLY FOR THE SAME CARD CHASE FREEDOM AND THEY APPROVE ME FOR 12500 DOLLARS WOW THAT WAS COOL BECAUSE I AM ONLY 23 YEARS OLD AND I HAVE 1 YEAR OF CREDIT!. AND I ONLY HAVE 2 CREDIT CARDS 1 CAPITALONE WITH 500 LIMIT AND 1 HSBC 500 LIMIT I WAS SO HAPPY TODAY THAT I CALL ALL MY FRIENDS AND TOLD THEM JAJAJAJAJ

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.