Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic payments

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Automatic payments

@Anonymous wrote:
I have autopay on for minimum on all my cards but I don't want to rely on it so I've never had an autopay actually process. I pay all my cards in full on average a week before they are due. I've never had a auto payment go through doing it this way, they always cancel themselves.

Nice to have a fall back in case I'm in an accident or something and unable to pay my cards myself. I can see me coming out of a coma, my first question would be "My god, are my payments late!?" lol. Hence direct deposit and auto pay, that way my first question can be about my wife, that will go over way better I'm quite positive should something bad occur.

Yeah, I have weird scenarios play out in my head, surely I'm not alone lol?

This is pretty much how I see it now. It's a belt and braces thing.  Though, of all my cards, only the Chase ones gave any issues, even back when I was just relying on autopay.

The other thing I meant to mention. Several of my accounts allow me to schedule the autopay before the actual due date. BoA and Amex do. This allows you to schedule the autopay for an earlier date, and if it doesnt process, you still have tme to manuall pay. 

Message 11 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.