Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Autorized user expectation

tag
re383209
Established Member

Autorized user expectation

Hi I would like to thank in advance for any advice, I would like to ask what I should expect from being added as an authorized user, I had recently ask my dad around the middle of august to add me as an authorized user to two of his credit cards ones a discover from 1999 with a 50k limit but when he add me they just ask for my name and address no social( so will this report) and a capital one with a 25k limit from 2002 but that wanted my social and all my info. He has recieved both cards with my name but they still havnt reported. So what I was wanting to know is when will they report on average if at all, and what my credit score should do, Im 21 with an oldest credit line of 3 years and average of 1.5 years

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Autorized user expectation

If you and your dad share an address it will report. I recently added my husband to a discover account opened in 1999 and he inhereted the full history of the account. It only showed up on his report when I added him also to amex; which does ask for ss#.

It will help your aaoa IF the lender factors them in while computing your data for approval.
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 2 of 10
Jlu
Established Contributor

Just a note, Chase ignores AU's and any AAoA gained from such status.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 3 of 10
re383209
Established Member

Thanks for the help the reason I originally need it was to get to the magically 620 for a house but had an unatorized lender pull and had a transunion 640, so I'm closing on my house at the end of the month but what I'm trying to aquire is a 0 intro apr for repairs or a lowes card any suggestions??

Message 4 of 10
Jlu
Established Contributor

Using AU status to boost your score in order to get a mortgage will not work. Use the AU status to get cards that you couldn't otherwise get and then garden. Mortgages are always a manual review. They will discount your AU status and you will be scored and analyzed based on your own accounts, be them positive or negative.

EDIT: Just re-read and realized that's not what you're doing, but I'll leave it up because it might help someone.

AMEX BCP $35k | Citi Double Cash $30k | PenFed PlatRewards $25k | Barclaycard $40k | Chase Freedom $25k | BofA Cash Rewards $40K | US Bank Cash+ $4500 | Discover IT $25k | NASA Platinum-Advantage $40k | CapOne Quicksilver $15k | Amazon Card $10k | Ten years on myFICO from 510 to 780 scores
Message 5 of 10
Cleanmachine
Frequent Contributor

I disagree with Jlu regarding Chase not reporting Authorizer Users

I have added three of my children on my Chase Cards as an Authorizer User and they did report to the

credit bureaus.

Message 6 of 10
Jlu
Established Contributor

@Cleanmachine wrote:

I disagree with Jlu regarding Chase not reporting Authorizer Users

I have added three of my children on my Chase Cards as an Authorizer User and they did report to the

credit bureaus.

You misunderstood what I was saying. Chase discounts AU accounts when reviewing applications for credit. They look only at accounts that belong to you. 

Message 7 of 10
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

@cleanmachine

I think jlu was commenting on the fact that if your kid applied for a chase credit card; chase would ignore those cards where your kid was not the primary cardholder as they make their decision based on individually owned accounts; not AU accounts
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 8 of 10
Jlu
Established Contributor

@webhopper wrote:
@Cleanmachine

I think jlu was commenting on the fact that if your kid applied for a chase credit card; chase would ignore those cards where your kid was not the primary cardholder as they make their decision based on individually owned accounts; not AU accounts

+1

Message 9 of 10
emptypockets
Valued Contributor

Cap One will reports on AU's even if not at the same address. I have AU's at a separate address and the card definitely show  on their reports.

CC's: AMEX (4), Alliant Visa, PenFed AMEX, Pen Fed Promise, Citi (3), Chase (5), US Bank Cash+, Huntington Voice, Nasa Plat Cash Visa, Barclay's Visa, Discover IT, Cap One QS, BOA (2), BMW Visa, 5/3 Real Life Rewards MC; FNBO Amex; Comenity Visa/MC (3), Ebates Visa Siggy, Nordstrom Visa, Walmart MC, Sam's Club MC; A few assorted store cards.

Current Scores (09/2017): EQ My Fico: 786; TU MyFico: 799; EX (My Fico): 797
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.