Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability of funds, Capital One??

tag
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

Availability of funds, Capital One??

I just received my Cap 1 Platinum card. I am wondering how long it takes for funds to be available after I make payments? Can't find it in the terms. When do payments post? Same business day? Or do they hold them? I just want to be able to time how long it takes to go from my checking to available credit on my card.

Starting Fico 8 Score: 571 EQ - 574 EX 605 TU Current Fico 8: 695 EQ 677 EX 709 TU
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Availability of funds, Capital One??

Look on there website under payments it will spell it out...  Next business day if before X hours on previous business day except sunday payments or something.   

Message 2 of 13
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

I've been searching for an hour on their site, that's why I came here.

Starting Fico 8 Score: 571 EQ - 574 EX 605 TU Current Fico 8: 695 EQ 677 EX 709 TU
Message 3 of 13
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

There site is down or I would copy and paste the posting terms, but basically what I said in my post.  If before 3 or 4 pst on given business day aka mon-sat it will post next business day if sunday then it will post on tuesday i believe.

Message 4 of 13
skigirl916
Established Contributor

I just tried to log in to see if the payment I made yesterday at lunch had posted yet so I could answer your question, and the website is down/under maintenance or something.

But from memory, I tend to pay in the morning from work (a business day)... and I believe it's withdrawn from my Citi checking and posted to my CO CC by the COB the next day.  I think.  

Message 5 of 13
jbishop1001
Frequent Contributor

Thankyou for your answers. I have been having a problem with the site being down all day. One day is incredibly fast comparedto my secured card. Payments post within 2 business days, but funds aren't available for up to 7 days. :\

Message 6 of 13
jsucool76
Super Contributor

Message 7 of 13
skigirl916
Established Contributor

@jbishop1001 wrote:

Thankyou for your answers. I have been having a problem with the site being down all day. One day is incredibly fast comparedto my secured card. Payments post within 2 business days, but funds aren't available for up to 7 days. :\

Oh yeah, it's way faster than that.  The only time it might be delayed is over a holiday weekend.  

Message 8 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jbishop1001 wrote:

I've been searching for an hour on their site, that's why I came here.

I pay my cap1's through Chase bill pay. If I pay it on Monday before 3pm or something like that, they get it on Tuesday (unless it's a holiday) and it will be reflected to me online on Wednesday (whatever time they update on Tuesday night I guess.) it's pretty fast through my Chase account.

Message 9 of 13
jsucool76
Super Contributor

@jbishop1001 wrote:

I've been able to chat with them and ask them to free up funds after a payment. I made like a $2000 payment once and it was taking forever. 

Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.