Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Available CL 13x in three weeks

tag
MrCollector
Regular Contributor

Available CL 13x in three weeks

This forum has been a godsend. After carrying only one credit card up until three weeks ago, I've gone on an amazing run, spurred in large part to the knowledge I have gleaned from reading these threads.

Last night, I was approved for a Chase Sapphire Preferred (http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Card-App-Approvals/CSP-Shockingly-Approved/td-p/3039898), which has put me firmly in the garden (not including the HP for my Discover it CLI in three months).

My available credit has gone from $750 15 or so days ago, to $10.25K now. Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

760 (TU) 755 (EX) 740 (EQ)

Chase Sapphire Reserve | Hilton Aspire | Amex EveryDay | World of Hyatt | Aviator Red | AAdvantage Platinum Select | Citi Premier | United Mileage Plus | Discover It
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
BigBS
Senior Contributor

Re: Available CL 13x in three weeks

Congrats!  Amazing what you can do with a little bit of knowledge.

Score: EQ(809) EX(819) TU(800)
INQs: EQ(7) EX(16) TU(8)
Last INQ: 13 Jul 23

Total Credit Limit - $2.0M

Message 2 of 13
alvon123
Super Contributor

congrats

Message 3 of 13
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

Congrats! You do know that with Discover they often do SP CLIs so really in 3 months you don't have to do the HP for that. I would recommend you just try through the automated line or online when the button becomes available for you to use. You can also call the person and ask for one. Smiley Wink
Message 4 of 13
MrCollector
Regular Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:
Congrats! You do know that with Discover they often do SP CLIs so really in 3 months you don't have to do the HP for that. I would recommend you just try through the automated line or online when the button becomes available for you to use. You can also call the person and ask for one. Smiley Wink

I thought all of Discover's CLIs were HPs? Good to know. Going to go with the luv button then. Edit: spelling

Chase Sapphire Reserve | Hilton Aspire | Amex EveryDay | World of Hyatt | Aviator Red | AAdvantage Platinum Select | Citi Premier | United Mileage Plus | Discover It
Message 5 of 13
Kenny
Moderator Emeritus

@MrCollector wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

I thougth all of Discover's CLIs were HPs? Good to know. Going to go with the luv button then.

If you don't get an automatic approval for the amount you requested then it will be a HP. They sometimes counter with the amount they will give you. It's best to call and ask the CSR for a SP CLI. I love the automated line if it gives you the option for a CLI -- you simply input your income and mortgage/rent and it will tell you how much you've been approved for. I was told they needed more info on mine the last time I did it but I got a 1.5k CLI up to 12k after I hung up and never spoke to a CSR so I mean it's totally the way to go. The luv button I've done 1-2 times. Secure message I've done one time, as well. Never a HP CLI on my Discover and I started at 1.5k CL at the beginning --- SP CLIs all the way up to 12k so I mean it's just not a HP I would ever waste. I always just try to pass that on to people. It just takes patience and the willingness to know that eventually you will have a large limit with Discover.

Message 6 of 13
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Grats to your success OP Smiley Happy

Message 7 of 13
MrCollector
Regular Contributor

@KennyRS wrote:

@MrCollector wrote:

@KennyRS wrote:

I thougth all of Discover's CLIs were HPs? Good to know. Going to go with the luv button then.

If you don't get an automatic approval for the amount you requested then it will be a HP. They sometimes counter with the amount they will give you. It's best to call and ask the CSR for a SP CLI. I love the automated line if it gives you the option for a CLI -- you simply input your income and mortgage/rent and it will tell you how much you've been approved for. I was told they needed more info on mine the last time I did it but I got a 1.5k CLI up to 12k after I hung up and never spoke to a CSR so I mean it's totally the way to go. The luv button I've done 1-2 times. Secure message I've done one time, as well. Never a HP CLI on my Discover and I started at 1.5k CL at the beginning --- SP CLIs all the way up to 12k so I mean it's just not a HP I would ever waste. I always just try to pass that on to people. It just takes patience and the willingness to know that eventually you will have a large limit with Discover.

Thank you for the advice, I'll definitely make sure I avoid the HP.

Message 8 of 13
coldnmn
Mega Contributor

Congrats! Thanks for sharing.

Discover IT $17k / US Bank Ace (VSig) $13.5K / US Bank Cash+ (VSig) $13.5k
Sam's Mastercard $15k / Walmart Mastercard $10k / Blispay $7.5k PayPal Ex MC $10.8k
CareCredit 5k / Husq $5k / Cap1 QS $4.5k / Barclay Ring $5.35k / Citi DC (WMC) $12k
Gardening Date 7/01/16 / MyFico 08: EQ 801 / TU 777 / EX 771 / 06/08/17
Message 9 of 13
dta
New Contributor

Congrats! Start charting it! This is what this silly forum has done to me in 10 months.

Freedom | BofA CR | Amex BCE | NFCU CR | CSP | Fidelity Amex | Citi AA Plat | Discover it | Amex PRG | US Airways Prem | SW RR Plus | Delta Gold | Citi Double Cash | WF Propel 360 | Chase BA
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.