Frequent Contributor
sakhalin070

Available Credit Line?

How does the available credit line work?  It's just the Credit Line minus balance + pending charges right?  My Citi card's available credit line is not reflecting the fact that I paid off my last statement balance in full (statement was on 10/10/12, balance paid in full on 10/11/12, posted to my account 10/12/12).  It's been five days...my credit line is $3300, but my available credit line is only $1388.14 but my total BALANCE is only $407.88 (posted and pending charges added together), and the remaning difference, $1503.98 was exactly my last statement balance but I already paid that and my account says I paid it too so where's $1503.98 of my credit?  Do I have to wait until the NEXT statement closes to get the credit reflected on my available credit line?  I tried to talk to Citi but of course they just told me to call back another time...

AMEX BCE, Discover IT, Citi Forward, BoA Travel Rewards

FICO: TU 781 EX 776 Last App: November 2012
Established Contributor
Koop10010

Re: Available Credit Line?

Usually your available credit will free up when the payment posts.  It sounds to me like Citi put a hold on your available credit to make sure that payment completely clears your bank, I would expect it to last around 7-10 days, if a CSR won't go ahead and remove the hold.

FICOs (2/24/12): EX 752, EQ 740
Chase Sapphire Preferred, Freedom; American Express PR Gold, Blue Cash Everyday

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+