Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Average Credit Card Limit

tag
DoctorLoomis
Regular Contributor

Average Credit Card Limit

What do you guys think is the average limit on the major credit cards in this country? I think average would be $2500......

Chase Southwest - $88,500 I CSP - $50,000 I Barclays Aviator Silver - $50,000 I Wells Fargo Sig - $25,000 I AMEX Amazon Prime - $40,000 I B of A Cash Rewards - $77,200 l AMEX Platinum NPSL l PayPal MC - $10,000 l Sportsmans Guide Visa - $18,400 l CITI Simplicity - $16,600 l CITI Premier - $17,000 | AMEX Hilton Honors - $20,000 | Discover It - $20,500 | Coldwater Creek MC - $10,000 | Williams Sonoma - $11,500 | Nordstrom VISA Sig - $20,000 | J Crew - $10,000 | Apple Card - $68,000
Message 1 of 18
17 REPLIES 17
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Re: Average Credit Card Limit

There's so many variables to consider it would really be difficult to guess the average limit in the country. I don't even know what my average limit is to be honest. I asked the mods to move this to the credit card forum since it's not a new credit card approval.
Message 2 of 18
Pway
Valued Contributor

The average limit a card holder have depends on various factors.  It is hard to conclude what is the average credit card limit.  Each and every profile is different and it just depends where people are at in life. 

Thank you for the wealth of knowledge I have learned from these forums. I am logging off as of November 9, 2022. I wish everyone great success.
Message 3 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

Exactly. Whats the average heroin dose? I guess if you're good at what you do you can handle more than someone new.
Message 4 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

+1 on the 1st 4 responses to this post
Message 5 of 18
Open123
Super Contributor

I'd say around $4,000.

Message 6 of 18
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

While this post may seem out of line to some of you, it is not, not everyone is versed in the way our credit system operates and lattitude must be given. It is a valid question and I caution everyone to remember to keep your responses FSR. I thank you for your understanding and cooperation.

gdale6

myfico Moderator

Message 7 of 18
disdreamin
Valued Contributor

Google is your friend. Smiley Tongue

http://money.stackexchange.com/questions/6341/whats-the-average-credit-limit

The charts on that link break CLs down by score. If you have percentages of the population in each score range (which should be available) it would be simple enough to calculate a weighted average.

Message 8 of 18
Anonymous
Not applicable

@disdreamin wrote:

The charts on that link break CLs down by score. If you have percentages of the population in each score range (which should be available) it would be simple enough to calculate a weighted average.

Are those numbers average card limits, or average total limits?

Message 9 of 18
longtimelurker
Epic Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

@disdreamin wrote:

Are those numbers average card limits, or average total limits?

Average per card vs Transunion New Account score.    But... this is from CK users, who clearly are a self-selecting sample and are almost certainly unrepresentative of the wider population  (e.g. probably many more rebuilders)

Message 10 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.