Chase BA Visa sig               10500

Chase Freedom                   5000

US Bank flex perks               8000

BoA cash rewards                7500

Amex Zync                              NPSL

DCU credit union visa         3000

Cap1                                       2250

JCP                                         1800

Amex PRG | BoA Cash rewards 35K | BoA Cash rewards 7K | Citi AAdvantage 15 K | Chase Sapphire Preferred 11 K | Chase Freedom 10k | Chase United 5 K | Chase Southwest 5K | Chase Airtran 6.4K | Discover IT 8K | Barclays US Airways 7.8 K | DCU 3 K | US Bank Flex Perks 8K | Toys r US 6 K | JC Penney 4.6 K | Macy's 1200 | Kohl's 600
Ex Fico: 762 (PSECU)
EQ Fico: 764 (DCU)
TX Fico: 773 (Discover)
Senior Contributor
Wolf3

Re: Average amount of cards?

Currently, I have 3 bank cards (just closed 1) and 5 Store cards.  For me, Having more than 12 would be too many to keep up with.   I have them all set up online and they send me email reminders when due, so not too bad.  

Regular Contributor
amp0804

Re: Average amount of cards?

Wolf3 wrote:

Currently, I have 3 bank cards (just closed 1) and 5 Store cards.  For me, Having more than 12 would be too many to keep up with.   I have them all set up online and they send me email reminders when due, so not too bad.  

Thanks alot to everyone for replying...it seems like the average is between 6-8 cards and mostly everyone has a majority of bank cards. Im going to wait 6 months and try to triple my amex blue cl to 6k and close all of the store cards i really dont need with lower limits. For me having so many cards feels like inconvience. I feel like i need one more bank card...any suggestions?

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+