Chase BA Visa sig               10500

Chase Freedom                   5000

US Bank flex perks               8000

BoA cash rewards                7500

Amex Zync                              NPSL

DCU credit union visa         3000

Cap1                                       2250

JCP                                         1800

Citi Hilton Reserve 22.3K | Citi Thank You 8.2K | CSP 15.5K | Chase Freedom 10K | Chase BA 15K | Chase United 8.5K | Chase Marriott 5K | Discover IT 9K | Club Carlson 13K | Amex SPG 20K | BofA Cash Rewards 11K | BofA Cash Rewards 50K
Message 11 of 13
Wolf3
Senior Contributor

Re: Average amount of cards?

Currently, I have 3 bank cards (just closed 1) and 5 Store cards.  For me, Having more than 12 would be too many to keep up with.   I have them all set up online and they send me email reminders when due, so not too bad.  

Message 12 of 13
amp0804
Regular Contributor

Re: Average amount of cards?

@Wolf3 wrote:

Currently, I have 3 bank cards (just closed 1) and 5 Store cards.  For me, Having more than 12 would be too many to keep up with.   I have them all set up online and they send me email reminders when due, so not too bad.  

Thanks alot to everyone for replying...it seems like the average is between 6-8 cards and mostly everyone has a majority of bank cards. Im going to wait 6 months and try to triple my amex blue cl to 6k and close all of the store cards i really dont need with lower limits. For me having so many cards feels like inconvience. I feel like i need one more bank card...any suggestions?
Message 13 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.