Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Avoid Junk Cards! - Credit Union Solution

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: Avoid Junk Cards! - Credit Union Solution

I will try and get preapproved in August.  I'm in the process of saving for a downpayment.  My midscore is 682, so I won't close any of my cards until I close on my house.  I just don't understand why I can't get higher limits with a decent score(a 682 is pretty decent right?) 

Your advice makes perfect sense. 

Thanks

Message 11 of 12
Lyythine
Established Contributor

Re: Avoid Junk Cards! - Credit Union Solution

Penfed pulled EQ both times I applied for products from them.  Once when i opened the account (Boston, MA) and last month when I got a credit card from them (Georgetown, DC).  I think they pull EQ pretty much universally.  Not entirely sure though.  CU is definitely the way to go in any situation, however.  I am a member of two, and although I hear alot of bad press on Penfed on these forums, they have always been very good to me, in fact, i opened that card most recently and it is actually my highest limit at 15.5k

Other cards are as follows:

HSBC: 5.5k

BofA: 11k

Chase: 9k

Chase: 5k

Citi Diamond: 10k

Other CU: 3.5k

I have other cards (store, gas, etcSmiley Happy but all those cards have lower limits than ones listed above.   

Message 12 of 12
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.