Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awesome card design...

tag
7PM789
Frequent Contributor

Awesome card design...

I was on the Discover website looking at the card designs they offer and I decided to add the Ducks Unlimited Mallard design to my wallet and I must say...

The second I tore open the envelope I was instantly impressed by the cards visual appeal. It has an awesome sparkle, the website doesn't do this card justice.

I'm not sure how but the paper says that this card "supports Ducks Unlimited with every purchase" I don't know if it is an affinity card.

Does anybody know?
Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - Amex Everyday - $5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL/35k P.O.T. - Discover It - $12k - Sam's Club M.C. - $10k -
Walmart M.C. - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $10k- Chase Freedom - $5k - Chase Marriott - $7.4k - U.S. Bank Cash + - $6k -
W.M. TU-781(Jan/15) Citi EQ-782(Dec/14) EX-782(Oct/14)
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Re: Awesome card design...

@7PM789 wrote:
I was on the Discover website looking at the card designs they offer and I decided to add the Ducks Unlimited Mallard design to my wallet and I must say...

The second I tore open the envelope I was instantly impressed by the cards visual appeal. It has an awesome sparkle, the website doesn't do this card justice.

I'm not sure how but the paper says that this card "supports Ducks Unlimited with every purchase" I don't know if it is an affinity card.

Does anybody know?

Cool looking card. I looked at 3 diff webpages - both Disc and DU, and don't see an answer to your question. It looks like a co-branded card that DU offers its members, but I don't see how it "supports" DU. Here's a page from DU: http://www.ducks.org/news-media/discover-and-ducks-unlimited-announce-new-affinity-card?poe=homebutt...

and here's info from Disc: 

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/help-center/faqs/co-branded.html

it looks like you can "support" DU by giving them your rewards, but that's it. it is a card that you're not going to see coming and going, though! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 2 of 6
kevinjjc
Valued Contributor

Message 3 of 6
7PM789
Frequent Contributor

Yeah, the card on the center is the one I'm talking about.
A Google search yielded this information...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/30/idUS129217+30-May-2012+BW20120530

Based on this article one could assume it is an affinity card.

Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - Amex Everyday - $5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL/35k P.O.T. - Discover It - $12k - Sam's Club M.C. - $10k -
Walmart M.C. - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $10k- Chase Freedom - $5k - Chase Marriott - $7.4k - U.S. Bank Cash + - $6k -
W.M. TU-781(Jan/15) Citi EQ-782(Dec/14) EX-782(Oct/14)
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .
Message 4 of 6
j_casteel
Valued Contributor

those cards would make me "Happy Happy Happy"

Learning from my past and rebuilding..

BK discharged 1/10/17
scores: EQ 659 | TU 630 | EX 659

QS 3.8K | WF 500 | Cabela's 3k | ACU 500 |

Message 5 of 6
webhopper
Moderator Emeritus

Those cards are cute cute cute! I almost think my hubby needs one. It would give him a reason to apply for his own discover.. right now he's an Au on my 13 yr old account
FICO 9:
Filed Chapter 13 on 6/1/2017 after job loss. Discharged 6/1/2022.

Goal: Gardening!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.