Frequent Contributor
7PM789

Awesome card design...

I was on the Discover website looking at the card designs they offer and I decided to add the Ducks Unlimited Mallard design to my wallet and I must say...

The second I tore open the envelope I was instantly impressed by the cards visual appeal. It has an awesome sparkle, the website doesn't do this card justice.

I'm not sure how but the paper says that this card "supports Ducks Unlimited with every purchase" I don't know if it is an affinity card.

Does anybody know?
Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL - Discover More - $7.5k - Sam's Club Discover - $10k -
Walmart Discover - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $5.5k - Chase Freedom - $2.2k -
W.M.TU-775(July/14/) EQ-726(July/12) EX-753(Jan/13)
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .

Senior Contributor
bichonmom

Re: Awesome card design...

7PM789 wrote:
I was on the Discover website looking at the card designs they offer and I decided to add the Ducks Unlimited Mallard design to my wallet and I must say...

The second I tore open the envelope I was instantly impressed by the cards visual appeal. It has an awesome sparkle, the website doesn't do this card justice.

I'm not sure how but the paper says that this card "supports Ducks Unlimited with every purchase" I don't know if it is an affinity card.

Does anybody know?

Cool looking card. I looked at 3 diff webpages - both Disc and DU, and don't see an answer to your question. It looks like a co-branded card that DU offers its members, but I don't see how it "supports" DU. Here's a page from DU: http://www.ducks.org/news-media/discover-and-ducks-unlimited-announce-new-affinity-card?poe=homebutt...

and here's info from Disc: 

https://www.discover.com/credit-cards/help-center/faqs/co-branded.html

it looks like you can "support" DU by giving them your rewards, but that's it. it is a card that you're not going to see coming and going, though! :smileyhappy:

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Valued Contributor
kevinjjc

Frequent Contributor
7PM789

[ Edited ]

Yeah, the card on the center is the one I'm talking about.
A Google search yielded this information...

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/05/30/idUS129217+30-May-2012+BW20120530

Based on this article one could assume it is an affinity card.

Amex B.C.E. - $2.5k - N.C.F.C.U.M.C. - $5k - Amex Gold - NPSL - Discover More - $7.5k - Sam's Club Discover - $10k -
Walmart Discover - $7.5k - Citi T.Y.P. - $5.5k - Chase Freedom - $2.2k -
W.M.TU-775(July/14/) EQ-726(July/12) EX-753(Jan/13)
Audi, Vide, Tace. . .

Valued Contributor
j_casteel

those cards would make me "Happy Happy Happy"

| Walmart $5k | Amazon $5k | NFCU $20k | NLOC $15k | Lowes $17k | BoA $15k | Freedom $3k | IT $4k | CSP $5k | Marriott $5k | AMEX TE $9k | Alaska $5k |
Starting Scores: EQ:571 EX:??? TU:597
Current Scores: EQ:694 EX:714 TU:711
Goal Scores: 700
across the board
Moderator Emeritus
webhopper

Those cards are cute cute cute! I almost think my hubby needs one. It would give him a reason to apply for his own discover.. right now he's an Au on my 13 yr old account

Starting Score: 08/29/2011 TU 671 EQ 674
Current Score: TU 754 EQ 694 EX 697
Wallet: NFCU Visa Sig 25k, Amex Lowes 22k, NavCheck 15k, Amex PRG, Amex Zync, Discover It 13.5k, Amazon Visa 5k
Platinum Spade Garden Club Member: App Free since 1/1/13. No more apps til who knows when?
MyFICO Fitness Goal: 800s Club!

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}