Established Member
Chilly40

B.O.A Secured card question

Hello all, I am new to this board :smileyhappy:   I just got a secured card from B.O.A ($300.00). I was wondering how long would it take to get an unsecured card from them considering I pay my balance in full every month on time.  Also my score is now 580, if I pay my cc on time every month ..how long does it usually take b4 I will see a difference in my score,  the only other credit I have is a student loan that I have never been late on, I have been paying on that loan since 11-08.       Thanks in advance for any advice.   Im just trying to get my credit on track.  
Valued Member
smalldede

Re: B.O.A Secured card question

[ Edited ]

I beleive BOA secured card take 9-12 months to unsecure.

Message Edited by smalldede on 03-21-2009 01:09 PM
Established Contributor
nicemann

Yeah mine took about 9 months.  I started off with a $300 partial secured card with BoA back in Sept 06.  I currently have $25,000 in CL with them.  Great company, just make sure you always pay on time and they will treat you right.
As of 04/23/2011 - 731 for EQ FICO
As of 03/02/2012 - 779 for TU FICO
As of 12/2010 - 720 - 729 For EX (Chase FICO Score Provided by EX)
Frequent Contributor
CreditCard101

Nicemann:

Yeah mine took about 9 months.  I started off with a $300 partial secured card with BoA back in Sept 06.  I currently have $25,000 in CL with them.  Great company, just make sure you always pay on time and they will treat you right.

How did you go from $300 Secured card to $25,000 credit limit..How did you do that? tell us some secrets?

Established Contributor
nicemann

CreditCard101 wrote:

Nicemann:

How did you go from $300 Secured card to $25,000 credit limit..How did you do that? tell us some secrets?

I bascially use the card for everything.  Each Friday I log onto my online account and pay off the cards.  I call about every 5 - 6 months and ask for a CLI.  If I try online I get declined because I have to paid collections on my account.  When you call they can look at my soft pulled report and usually approve me more.  I was told last time they gave me a small CL and said I am maxed for my current salary but we shall see next time when I call.

Paid everything on time.  When I first got the card there was a lot of charged off CCs on my CRs (probably 6 or 7 cards).  All of them have fell off now, but even before they did I was still around $20,000 CL (on my BoA CCs) because I showed I haven't screwed up in a couple of years.  Never been late with BoA and never will be.

I wish everyone else would give me CLs like BoA.

As of 04/23/2011 - 731 for EQ FICO
As of 03/02/2012 - 779 for TU FICO
As of 12/2010 - 720 - 729 For EX (Chase FICO Score Provided by EX)

myFICO is the consumer division of FICO. Since its introduction 20 years ago, the FICO® Score has become a global standard for measuring credit risk in the banking, mortgage, credit card, auto and retail industries. 90 of the top 100 largest U.S. financial institutions use the FICO Score to make consumer credit decisions.

>> About myFICO
FICO Score - The Score that matters
Click to Verify - This site chose VeriSign SSL for secure e-commerce and confidential communications.
Fair Isaac Corporation is a BBB Accredited Financial Service in San Rafael, CA
FOLLOW US Social Media Facebook Twitter Pinterest Google+
}