cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B of A 1-2-3 cash rewards cc doesn't report? - UPDATE ( I THINK)

tag
dddfresh
Frequent Contributor

Re: B of A 1-2-3 cash rewards cc doesn't report?

I'm kind of not seeing the upside to this card. The 1-2-3% is cool and all, but not if it's going to hurt my score

9/2013: Fico EQ 676, EXP 686, Fico TU 686.
NFCU Flagship Sig. $14k..NFCU CashRwdsSig $14k..NFCU LOC $12.5k..USAA Amex 4k..AMEX Green NPSL..Discover IT $1.5k...BofA Cash Rewards123 $2.5k...Southwest Premier $2k..Chase Freedom $1.5k..CareCredit $3.5k..Cap1-$1.5k..HSBC $300...Lowes $1.5k...WalMart $1.5k...JCP $1k..Chevron $1.1k..Kays/Jerrod - $5k split. around 8% Util. Want to get in the 700's in 2013! Have three old paid charge offs. 15-20inq.. LAST APP 8/29/13
Message 11 of 20
CS800
Super Contributor

@dddfresh wrote:
I'm kind of not seeing the upside to this card. The 1-2-3% is cool and all, but not if it's going to hurt my score

This sig reports only your highest ba;ance that will tap into your overall util if your total util is low. That might cause you to go over the 9% threshold util that I have heard FICO cringes on thus your FICO score might take a small dip or big depending.

The upside is the cashback.

Message 12 of 20
dddfresh
Frequent Contributor

So do I need to spend $2000-2500 and let it REPORT, or just spend that and then pay it in full?

NFCU Flagship Sig. $14k..NFCU CashRwdsSig $14k..NFCU LOC $12.5k..USAA Amex 4k..AMEX Green NPSL..Discover IT $1.5k...BofA Cash Rewards123 $2.5k...Southwest Premier $2k..Chase Freedom $1.5k..CareCredit $3.5k..Cap1-$1.5k..HSBC $300...Lowes $1.5k...WalMart $1.5k...JCP $1k..Chevron $1.1k..Kays/Jerrod - $5k split. around 8% Util. Want to get in the 700's in 2013! Have three old paid charge offs. 15-20inq.. LAST APP 8/29/13
Message 13 of 20
SRAGS
Regular Contributor

Hi.
To

I recently contacted to clear my doubt abt this credit limit reporting abt Bank of America. I was told to covert to platinum visa, and rewards will same like visa signature card. T0 those who want to report credit limit. Can downgrade their card and the rewards on new card will be same as visa sig card. I called Bank of America to verify this and they told I can do this with out hurting my rewards and new card carry same benefits and features as visa sig. Thank you.
Message 14 of 20
dddfresh
Frequent Contributor

Thank you. I already have two other visa sig cards so this might be a better choice for me?

Message 15 of 20
SRAGS
Regular Contributor

Yes talk to them. I am having visa siggy from Bank of America, they gave me option to downgrade and features and benefits are same.
Message 16 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

AFAIK BOFA reports the highest balance at any point.  Letting it report one month isn't a big deal.

BOFA does not report CL's on their Signature cards.  Sucks, but that's life with BOFA unfortunately.

To clarify CS800's point: for utilization purposes your current balance works just as any other card, the limit is the high balance on the card.  Set it once, go on with life, old school style!

        
Message 17 of 20
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@Revelate wrote:

AFAIK BOFA reports the highest balance at any point.  Letting it report one month isn't a big deal.

BOFA does not report CL's on their Signature cards.  Sucks, but that's life with BOFA unfortunately.

To clarify CS800's point: for utilization purposes your current balance works just as any other card, the limit is the high balance on the card.  Set it once, go on with life, old school style!

They do on both my Cash Rewards Signature Visa as well as my Merrill Lynch Platinum Plus Signature Visa; a CL appears on both reports as well as the notation "flexible spending card".  I've read where others also have a CL report.  Truly is a YMMV thing. 

Message 18 of 20
dddfresh
Frequent Contributor

My b of a app is showing cash rewards platinum plus visa. Does that sound like a visa sig?

Message 19 of 20
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@thom02099 wrote:

@Revelate wrote:

They do on both my Cash Rewards Signature Visa as well as my Merrill Lynch Platinum Plus Signature Visa; a CL appears on both reports as well as the notation "flexible spending card".  I've read where others also have a CL report.  Truly is a YMMV thing. 

Interesting, must've missed those.  I'll toss those into the Magic 8 ball bucket vis a vis BOFA SP CLI's Smiley Happy.

Thanks!

        
Message 20 of 20
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.