cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B of A Credit Card?

tag
AllenR24

B of A Credit Card?

Hi there! So question regarding the BankAmericard Better Balance Rewards card.

If I pay off my credit card each month, would I still be awarded the cash back? And what is the the minimum payment?

Also do any of you bank with B of A? I am thinking about doing echecking and savings but I want to be able to deposit cash easily, can I do this at an ATM?

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
TenaciousRebuilder
New Contributor

Re: B of A Credit Card?

I'm pretty sure you can.

FYI, there is also a BOA cell phone app that allows you to deposit checks by taking photos of the front & back of the check. It's very easy, takes a few minutes and you can make the deposit at home at your convenience.

Message 2 of 10
hutchj
Frequent Contributor

@AllenR24 wrote:

If I pay off my credit card each month, would I still be awarded the cash back? And what is the the minimum payment?

Also do any of you bank with B of A? I am thinking about doing echecking and savings but I want to be able to deposit cash easily, can I do this at an ATM?

If you pay your balance in full each month by the due date then yes you will still get the cashback. But your statement HAS to cut with a balance, if this does not happen, you will not get the cashback.

The minimum payment is probably $25, but it does depend on what your balance is. For instance, if you owe $3, then your min payment will be $3.

I do have the echecking account with BoA, and yes you can deposit cash and checks through the ATM. This is actually a requirement, if you go into the bank and do a teller transaction that can be done online or at an ATM you will be charged a $10 service charge that month. The only way you can go into a branch is if you need a cashier's check or money order, and I believe you must already have the funds in hand or you'll get the service charge (meaning you can't do a withdrawal in the branch and then purchase the cashier's check).

I did a breakdown of the card a few weeks back. Here's the link: http://ficoforums.myfico.com/t5/Credit-Cards/BoA-Better-Balance-Rewards-Breakdown/td-p/2255725

Hope that helps.

AMEX BCE: 5k; Barclay Apple: 2.5k; BoA CB: 3k; BoA BBR 4.2k; BoA Travel: 8k; Chase Sapphire: 5k; Chase Freedom: 6k; Citi Diamond: 3k; Discover IT: 9k

June 2013 FICOs: TU: 763; EX: 754; EQ: 764 (was 747 9/2012). Last app 2/20/2014 Garden until 3/2015
Message 3 of 10
AllenR24

Thanks for your help! 

So basically lets say I spend 50 dollars and put that on my card, my bill comes in the mail and I set it to pay 50, before I pay lets say I spend 25 more dollars, that would carry over the next month hence gviing me the cashback, right?

Message 4 of 10
myjourney
Super Contributor

@AllenR24 wrote:

Yes you will still see the Rewards if paid in full 

The mininum payment can vary by lender check your TC that came with card 

Before you app think...
Have you done your research of the CC?
Does it fit your spending?
Do you have a plan for the bonus w/o going into debt?
Can you afford the AF?
Do you know the cards benefits? Is it worth the HP?
Message 5 of 10
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

They will give you cash back for making more then minimal payments for each quarter and if you have a bank account with them they will also give you 5 dollars per quarter

so you will earn more

Current score TU 708, EX 686 EQ 715
Status I.T.Garden Till 08/2014
Message 6 of 10
eddie84
Valued Contributor

I've been thinking about applying for this card also since I bank with them.  Seems like a good card for some cash back. lol

Message 7 of 10
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

yeah I applied for this card and got denied beucase the bank supposedly maxed out their credit to me
stupid bank consultant told me that the cash rewards are very popular .. had he told me about the BBR I would've opted for that one

I already have 2 cards with cash back I don't need 3 .. I would've used minimal and paid in full so i can get the reward

Message 8 of 10
HiLine
Blogger

I bank with Bank of America and carry their credit cards. My experience has been nothing but wonderful. I share that on my blog (link in my signature). I review this particular card on there as well Smiley Happy

Message 9 of 10
mikey78
Frequent Contributor

@HiLine wrote:

I bank with Bank of America and carry their credit cards. My experience has been nothing but wonderful. I share that on my blog (link in my signature). I review this particular card on there as well Smiley Happy

I'm starting to love Bofa as of late, in my earlier years they would never budge with over the draft fees and sometime late payments
now i'm suprise that lately they don't even charge me a maintance fee (i don't keep the quote on quote minimal checking account statment)
I do beleive when i closed my checking account with maintance fees for not having 1500 minmal balance I opened with a new account (don't remember what the minmal balance was) it's been years that i've opened this acct so and i think that Bofa doesn't offer this type of acct anymore
i guess it was grandfathered in

Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.