cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B of A Hawaiian Air Visa card now Barclays WEMC ?

tag
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

B of A Hawaiian Air Visa card now Barclays WEMC ?

I received an email regarding my B of A Hawaiian Visa card being changed to Barclays WEMC, coming in April.

The benfits are decent, and I could use another MC, since my CSP will be changed over to Visa at some point in time.

My main question is that it says whatever my limit is as of 2-27 will be the same limit when it changes to Barclays.  I have a 5k limit now.  Would it be easier to get B of A to give my CLI before the 27th or eaiser to get a CLI with Barclays in May ?

I haven't really seen much on this topic....

Also, this will be a new account with a new lender, will this affect my AAoA ?

Would it be a good idea to open another Barclays Card prior to them giving me the Hawaiian card ?

Thanks

J

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: B of A Hawaiian Air Visa card now Barclays WEMC ?

I would much rather try to cli BofA over Barclay!!!

Message 2 of 6
yudeology101
Senior Contributor

@Creditaddict wrote:

I would much rather try to cli BofA over Barclay!!!

+1  With all these AAs going around from other threads lately. 

JPM Ritz Carlton $8k I UMP Club $8k I CSP $8k | Chase Hyatt $5k I AMEX Green NPSL I AMEX Delta $2k I Citi AA $2k | C1 QS $4.5k
BOA UNC-CH Alumni $6k I Hawaiian WEMC $3k I Arrival $6.5k I IT $1.5k | Merrill+ $2k | Lowes $12k | Apple $2k | +23more
Scores: EQ:671 (FICO 11) EX:686 (FICO N/C) TU:686 (FICO N/C) *8-5-14*
Overall UTIL: 14% *Gardening Since: 1/20/16*
------------------------------------------------------------
Need to stay out of trouble.... Go Heels!!! ... GC Watchlist ( #1 since 12-12-13)
Message 3 of 6
-Wade-
Valued Contributor

@Bay_Area_Joe wrote:

I received an email regarding my B of A Hawaiian Visa card being changed to Barclays WEMC, coming in April.

The benfits are decent, and I could use another MC, since my CSP will be changed over to Visa at some point in time.

My main question is that it says whatever my limit is as of 2-27 will be the same limit when it changes to Barclays.  I have a 5k limit now.  Would it be easier to get B of A to give my CLI before the 27th or eaiser to get a CLI with Barclays in May ?

Also, this will be a new account with a new lender, will this affect my AAoA ? YES

Would it be a good idea to open another Barclays Card prior to them giving me the Hawaiian card ?

Thanks

J

"Garden Club Member " Old user name newportguy*** Current Score: myFico EQ - 830 (07/16/2015) Discover TU Fico - 833 (09/03/2016) EX Fico - 839 ( 09/01/2016 ) ******* Amex - BCP 11.5K * Discover - IT 43.5 K * U.S. Bank Cash + Visa Signature 15.3 K * PenFed - Cash Rewards 15K *PenFed Power Cash 19K ** Amex - GDSM 10K ******FICO 800 Club Member ******* EQ 830 *** TU 833 *** EX 839 ***
****** Last HP & New TL was March 6th 2014 *** GOAL: No HP's or New TL's for 2 + years and 840's Scores ******
Message 4 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@Wade64 wrote:

@Bay_Area_Joe wrote:

Also, this will be a new account with a new lender, will this affect my AAoA ? YES

Thanks

J

I don't think so, I need to pull a credit report but cards transfer sometimes and I don't think I took a hit for it.

Message 5 of 6
lg8302ch
Senior Contributor

Should the account not transfer the history over then I wonder if you qualify for the nice sign up bonus in case you apply now for a new card  ? Smiley Surprised  Loosing the history would probalby make me apply for a new card and grab the sign up bonus if eligible. If history is taken over then I would invest a HP with BofA and CLI before the transfer to Barclays. On the other hand I believe Barclays chances for auto-luv are bigger than BofA....so an interesting question....pls let us know hot it goes.

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.