Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B of A- I want to cry a little

tag
quest208
Frequent Contributor

Re: B of A- I want to cry a little

Who did they pull and what were your file credentials?
Boa is on my radar, like chase and amex.

TU08 762
NFCU Visa Signature $20,000, Citi Prestige $15,500, USAA Mastercard $11,000, American Express Platinum, Barclays American Express $4700, Best Buy Mastercard $400, Orchard/Capital One $700
Message 11 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Switch2007 wrote:

**UPDATE**

I figured it wouldn't hurt to give them a call and request a higher starting CL... and after a BUNCH of questions, some conversation about the terrible battery life on my iPhone, and a bit of holding, I was brought up from $7,500 to $12,000! My highest limit EVER in the history of limits!!!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy I'm so excited... ok, I promise... Garden Mode for me... there's nothing else that I'd like. 

That (almost) free phone call netted you a 4500 CLI, I'd say well worth the call, great job!!

Super congratulations Smiley Happy

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Awesome!

Message 13 of 19
mAndrew1980
Established Contributor

Wow awesome!!! That is a HUGE CL! You must be very thrilled. You are at the top of primeville. When I got instant approval for Barclays Apple card  last week, I almost cried as well. It's just been such a long road.

Transunion: 713 FICO (5/13/2014) MyFico
Experian: 789 FICO (4/10/12) Lender Pull
Equifax: 695 FICO (1/10/14) MyFico

My cards: Chase United Mileage Plus 7000CL (3/12), CITI Simplicity 1800CL (9/12), Cap1 Platinum 1000CL (2/10), Cap1 Cash back 1500CL (11/11), Apple Barclay's 2500CL (11/11), Discover IT 6000CL (5/13)

My Primary Financial Goal is to put down my utl%.

Message 14 of 19
casmith1980
Established Contributor

@Switch2007 wrote:

**UPDATE**

I figured it wouldn't hurt to give them a call and request a higher starting CL... and after a BUNCH of questions, some conversation about the terrible battery life on my iPhone, and a bit of holding, I was brought up from $7,500 to $12,000! My highest limit EVER in the history of limits!!!!!!!! Smiley Very Happy I'm so excited... ok, I promise... Garden Mode for me... there's nothing else that I'd like. 

I just teared up a little reading this Smiley Happy  make me SO excited to finally be in that territory by this time next year!  

Congrats - YOU DESERVE IT!!!!!!!

Filed BK 12/5/14
341 meeting 1/9/15
Anticipated discharge 3/10/15

Goal: 700 by 3/2017
Message 15 of 19
jefftca925
Established Contributor

Congratulations on your success!!  Despite what some people say on here, BofA has always been good to me and very professional.  I have two cards with them and have never had an unsatisfactory experience with them.  They are definitely a bank that will grow with you if you treat them well...and they won't make you feel like a criminal like Chase does.  They will always acknowledge their appreciation for having you as a customer and how much they appreciate your business.  Take care of your account,  always pay on time or PIF if you can and you'll have no problems with them.

CCs: Chase Freedom VS 12.9k, CSP VISA Sg 13k, BofA Amex 24.5k, Discover 12.5k, US Bank Cash+ Visa Sg 17k, Macy's Amex 8k/1.5k, Gap Visa 10k, Best Buy 11.1k, Citi TY MC 10.8k, Citi AA Amex 6k, Nordstrom VS 10k, Costco Amex 12k, BofA CR VS 5k, Amex BCP 13.5k, Amex ED 5k, Sears MC 9k, HD 7k, Target 600, Amazon 7k, US Bank MC 15k, US Airways MC 8k, NFL Visa 4k, Patelco Visa 10k, Penfed PR VS 44.6k, Chase Hyatt VS 8k, Citi Simplicity 13.3k, PayPal MC 7.5k, BBVA Visa 4k, WF VS 14k, FNBO Amex 14.1k, OCCU VISA 15k, TR Visa Sg 16.3k, C1 QS Visa 11k, FRN MC 15k, HSN 4k, Saks WEMC 10k/4k, Chase Ink 18k, Arrival WEMC 10k, Ebates VS 8k, Orbitz VS 12k, NASA V 30k, USBk FP VS 21.5k, DC 30k, VirgAm 15k, Sams MC 15k, Amex Bz Gold, Amex SC 10k, BofW Bz MC 18k
Message 16 of 19
Switch2007
Contributor

@quest208 wrote:
Who did they pull and what were your file credentials?
Boa is on my radar, like chase and amex.

I got the alert this morning that they pulled EX for me... Experian has 8 inquiries in the last 2 years (3 in the last year, 1 for mortgage, 2 for CLI requests). No baddies, no lates, but my UTIL is pretty high which is one of the questions that the analyst asked me when reviewing for a CLI. My high utilization is due to the home renovation projects we have going. Home Depot gave us no interest for 12 months, so we put it all there, letting the cash build (minimal) interest, and paying it off over the 12 months. My FAKO is at a 696, and my FICO scorewatch hasn't changed in sooo long, it's been the same as whats in my sig. I also just checked my Experian and it says that I have a Flex Spending Card, no CL being reported... I assume thats somewhat like an AMEX (???) 

With your scores, I'm sure you wont have a problem with a Freedom or an AMEX. 

Starting Score: 08/01/2009 584
Current Score: 08/01/2011 EQ 684 EX (Lender Pull) 702 TU 712
Goal Score: 780+

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 19
Switch2007
Contributor

@jefftca925 wrote:

Congratulations on your success!!  Despite what some people say on here, BofA has always been good to me and very professional.  I have two cards with them and have never had an unsatisfactory experience with them.  They are definitely a bank that will grow with you if you treat them well...and they won't make you feel like a criminal like Chase does.  They will always acknowledge their appreciation for having you as a customer and how much they appreciate your business.  Take care of your account,  always pay on time or PIF if you can and you'll have no problems with them.

This is great advice that I found to be true with most banks (Crap 1 and Orchard being exceptions)... I'm excited to be here!

Message 18 of 19
Switch2007
Contributor

@casmith1980 wrote:

@Switch2007 wrote:

**UPDATE**

I just teared up a little reading this Smiley Happy  make me SO excited to finally be in that territory by this time next year!  

Congrats - YOU DESERVE IT!!!!!!!

Thank you soooo much! You totally get it obviously (as others do too I'm sure) It's such a good feeling to see that you're getting another chance on correcting the wrongs from the past... Now, just to make sure those mistakes do NOT happen again! 

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.