cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B of A Secured Credit Card -DECLINED!

tag
baller4life
Super Contributor

Re: B of A Secured Credit Card -DECLINED!

Congrats on getting one of the best secured cards around Smiley Wink

Message 11 of 19
sjt
Senior Contributor

@pmac2014 wrote:

Thank you for all of your input on getting a secured B of A credit card.  After calling the "back door" numbers that were suggested and actually going to my branch to inquire about a secured card, I was finallly approved! I was given a $500 credit limit and a bump of 12  points on my FICO scores!  Thanks again for the very helpful suggestions.  

Pmac

Congrats!

When you spoke to the person regarding reconsideration, what did they ask you and what do you think happened to get them to approve your application?

American Express: Platinum Charge, Optima, Business Gold, Delta Business Reserve, Business Cash, Business Plus
Barclays: Arrival+ WEMC
Capital One: Savor WEMC, Venture X Visa Infinite
Chase: Freedom U Visa Signature, CSR Visa Infinite
Citibank: AAdvantage Platinum WEMC
Elan/US Bank: Fidelity Visa Signature
Credit Union: Cash Back Visa Signature
FICO 08: Score decrease between 26-41 points after auto payoff (11.01.21) FICO as of 5.23, EX: 812 / EQ: 825 / TU: 815
Message 12 of 19
wmweeza
Established Contributor

Congrats! You'll love the card! After about a year ( a few had it happen earlier) it should go unsecured and you'll get the deposit back. That's how I started, and now every 4 months they seem to like giving me CLI, kinda nice!

Last App 10/14. FICO's: AMEX Ex 846, BarclayTU08 815.FAKOs:CreditKarma 775,CS score 771.BofA 5400,Target $5000,Barnes $8500,Amex $22k
Message 13 of 19
pmac2014
Valued Member

sjt,

When i went to the branch, I just spoke to a bank rep & explained that I had been declined in January and he said he would take a look at my current accounts (chking, savings & reitrement)- he said they all looked good and just took my application right then and there. I found out that I was approved within days when I checked an alert on myfico and I then checked my B of A  account and the card had been added to my accounts B of A transferred the $500 from my savings to the card and that was it! 

-pmac

Message 14 of 19
pmac2014
Valued Member

Thanks!

Message 15 of 19
EJ829
Valued Member

SO EXCITED!!!  Just got approved today for the BofA Secured Credit Card! Smiley Happy

I applied online last week and my application was declined.  I called to speak to a Credit Analyst (using the Backdoor #s provided on this site) and was blessed to speak to a really nice representative who went over my application.  What I can say, is that they really are concerned with helping you to rebuild your credit using their product, which sets them apart from your average secured card programs.  Long story short, the rep just wanted to make sure that an account I was behind on was brought current.  Once that payment posted, I was told the application would be approved...& IT WAS!!!

Like so many others on this site, I'm working really, really hard to restore my credit to a positive standing.  So, persistence and hard work, does pay off. Smiley Happy

Message 16 of 19
jakeg1086
Valued Member

Do you know what bureau they pulled? Also, congrats!

Starting Score: 525
Current Score: 628
Goal Score: 650

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 17 of 19
EJ829
Valued Member

Thank you.  Yes, the credit bureau that was used to pull the report was Experian.

Message 18 of 19
newhis
Valued Contributor

@EJ829 wrote:

Thank you.  Yes, the credit bureau that was used to pull the report was Experian.

I didn't get the 321 card at first (I asked for it), and I was able to ask to change the normal card to 321 with a secure chat even before I got the card. Is great to have a secured card that gives you cash back.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.