Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B of A and TU

tag
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Re: B of A and TU

@B335is wrote:
Cain, is TU frozen or just fraud alert? I guess if they all have the fraud alert it doesn't add up why they can pull one over the other. It should still report the same regardless. This is a head scratcher.

It's been a while since I placed the alerts that I thought they had all timed out, but I don't believe I ever froze them. It was set to where they had to call me when anyone applied for credit. I've had inquiries placed by dealerships since then and also Chase approved me for Slate last month with a TU pull, no call, so I'm not sure what's going on over at TU to be honest.

Message 11 of 19
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If you feel that whatever caused you to place the fraud alerts on there is no longer an issue, then I would say yes. Those alerts can sometimes be a pain, especially if you no longer need them.

In 2013, someone in Ohio was making weird credit requests, so I had to file a police report and place alerts. I haven't had anything lately, but I didn't mind the "peace of mind" that came with an extra call before granting credit. Never knew it'd be a messy situation, and would rather have these safeguards in place to be honest. Going forward, I believe I can have them lift these alerts if I know I'll be applying, is that correct?

Message 12 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

If someone has (or had) your ss# and was making credit request with it, I would keep the alerts in place. You never know if they might try it again. And yes, you can temporarily lift a security freeze if you need to. I'm not sure if fraud alerts and security freezes are the same thing, but I know if you have a fraud alert the creditor will have to contact you before extending any new credit.

Message 13 of 19
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

Yeah, it was really odd as I'm in California and the requests were halfway cross-country. I think I will leave them in place and get in contact with the bureaus to see what my best plan of action is when I want to apply.

Message 14 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

My BofA cards report to all three credit reporting agencies. When I have a hard pull from them though, it is always Experian. Hope this helps.

In my wallet: Capital One (secured) 1917; Quicksilver 5000; Venture 15,000; Barclay Apple Rewards 2000; CareCredit 3300; Bank of America Platinum Visa 2000; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Amazon Store Card 5000; Discover 10,000. Total Credit: 51,217.
6/19-FICO: EQ - 782; TU - 769; EX - 681; GOAL: 780 across the board. Gardening until further notice.

Message 15 of 19
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

If someone has (or had) your ss# and was making credit request with it, I would keep the alerts in place. You never know if they might try it again. And yes, you can temporarily lift a security freeze if you need to. I'm not sure if fraud alerts and security freezes are the same thing, but I know if you have a fraud alert the creditor will have to contact you before extending any new credit.

My stress level definitely shot up when I discovered the fraudulent activity. I do t wish that on anybody. 

Message 16 of 19
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

My BofA cards report to all three credit reporting agencies. When I have a hard pull from them though, it is always Experian. Hope this helps.

In my wallet: Capital One (secured) 1917; Quicksilver 5000; Venture 15,000; Barclay Apple Rewards 2000; CareCredit 3300; Bank of America Platinum Visa 2000; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Bank of America Travel Rewards 3500; Amazon Store Card 5000; Discover 10,000. Total Credit: 51,217.
6/19-FICO: EQ - 782; TU - 769; EX - 681; GOAL: 780 across the board. Gardening until further notice.

Even your CLI hard pulls are from EX? What state are you in? From my experience and also via a phone talk with a CSR, initial credit apps were EX and CLI requests were TU. you learn something new every day. Thanks for your input!

Message 17 of 19
Revelate
Moderator Emeritus

@-Cain- wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Even your CLI hard pulls are from EX? What state are you in? From my experience and also via a phone talk with a CSR, initial credit apps were EX and CLI requests were TU. you learn something new every day. Thanks for your input!

FWIW new accounts have been through EX, AR's and CLI requests TU.

That's held consistent for both me and everyone else I've read on the forum.  Like others both of my BOFA accounts and my FIA account report to TU, BOFA is the right one to be following up with for getting it reporting correctly in my opinion.

        
Message 18 of 19
-Cain-
Valued Contributor

@Revelate thanks! I've always understood it to be the same way.

Message 19 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.