Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B of A preselected

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: B of A preselected

Gamewithrules -

You don't have a pre-approval offer from them because currently you don't have any FICO scores. That doesn't mean they won't approve you. I have 2 friends who the week of their 18th birthday applied for and were approved for Discover from 11/16 to 02/17. They got a $500 starting limit each which is low, but since then one is at $2,000 the other is at $1,400.

Discover loves people with thin/no credit file they are the creditor to go to when you're just starting out.
Message 11 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

Good to know. I'll probably wait until I get an EX score before deciiding. 

Message 12 of 15
Anonymous
Not applicable

By an EX score do you mean a FICO score? That's a good move.

Go to CreditScorecard.com once you hit 6 months it's a Free Service Discover provides to members and non-members with a Free Experian credit score, no credit card or payment required. It only updates once a month though.
Message 13 of 15
MyLoFICO
Valued Contributor

I would wait. It won't take long with no baddies or lates. Don't waste your inquiries on secured cards. They will last much longer to drop off than your account to age. Give it 6 months then try to prequalify for Amex, Citi, or Discover. 

Experian: 677 (28) | TransUnion: 697 (27) | Equifax: 684 (6)
Gardening as of: 1-23-2018
Updated 1-25-18
Message 14 of 15
trant3
Established Contributor

You can get an Amex BCE or chase freedom next month, dont settle

FNBO $15k, Aspiration Zero $11k, Affinity FCU $10k, Sofi $15k, Venmo Visa $2.7k, Apple $7k, Citi Custom Cash $14k, Citi Double Cash $15k, Citizens Bank Cash Plus $8k, Chase Amazon $3k, Chase Flex $13.6k, Chase IHG $16k, Amex BCP $9.5k, Amex Hilton $10k, Chase Freedom $26.5k, NFCU Plat $46k, NFCU Cash $33k, Discover IT $29k, Discover Miles $12k, BECU Visa $14k, Wells Fargo Active $6.3k, PenFed Promise $15k, PenFed Gold $20k
Message 15 of 15
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.