Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B of A secured card posting info

tag
preci0uz
Regular Contributor

Re: B of A secured card posting info

He must be new or is completely confused.

Mines reports every month with the exact balance that my card had when the statement ended.

On a different topic, regarding upgrading...

I called BOFA last week to find out if I was eligible for upgrading my secured card to unsecured since it had been 9 months now. (the longest 9 months!!!)

She told me that she would put the request and my account and credit report (soft inquiry) would be reviewd within a couple of days and that I should know within 2 weeks whether I've been upgraded.

I told her that I didn't want to put in the request at the moment because I would rather wait til next month when my other accounts have a ZERO balance on my credit report. She said not to worry and try anyway, because once you "inquire" about upgrading and if you do not qualify at that moment, then they check on a monthly basis to see if you qualify.

Message 11 of 35
preci0uz
Regular Contributor

omg I just checked and they upgraded my account to unsecured.  I had a 500CL and now it's at 1000 CL.

I had checked earlier but it was still showing as secured. YAYAY.

I'm going to ask for a CLI when my cards show a ZERO balance.

Message 12 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yee-Haw Smiley Very Happy

Called B of A today about my secured card. They unsecured it and bumped my CL from 2K to 2.5K. Sending a cashiers check in the mail for my deposit  (for some odd reason they couldn't just put it in my BOA savings account, oh well).

I asked about a product change to the BofA Amex and was told I would have to reapply separately ( I didn't want to ruin a good day and said OK.) I will give it a few months as a "real" CC then call and ask the regular customer service peeps instead of the secured card staff.

Happy New Year to me! I am a happy contractor. Thanx to all who suggested the BofA secured card, good advice.

Message 13 of 35
bamagirl1
Established Contributor

xCONGRATS CONTRACTOR AND PRECIOUZ I JUST GOT A SECURED BOA CARD OPENED IT THE END OF DEC BUT DIDNT RECEIVE UNTIL JAN 09 I HOPE IN 9-10 MONTHS FROM NOW I'LL BE SCREAMING I'M UNSECURED..I THINK MY CL IS $1500..CAN U ADD FUNDS TO YOUR CARD TO INCREASE CL ON THESE..? I THOUGHT REP SAID YES BUT CAN'T REMEMBER
~01/2008 Ficos TU 571-EX 647-EQ 652~
~3/21/2009 Ficos TU 705 EX 702 EQ 692~
~9/9/09 Ficos TU 718 EQ 693 EX???
~06/25/12 Ficos TU 719 EQ 677 EX??
Message 14 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes, BG, you can take it up to 10K .

For what it's worth, I got written confirmation that secureds are eligible after 9 months but the secured card CSR told me their policy is now 10 months. I think that if you ask at 9 they approve but if you wait on them, it will be 10. YMMV.

Message 15 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Called B of A today about my now unsecured Platinum Plus. Told them I wanted to trade it for an Accelerated Rewards AMEX. Frontline yoyo #1 told me "no can do" ,have to re-apply. I said no sir, I don't mean to be rude but you do do that for people. I'll check. Put me on hold.............elevator music................Mr. Contractor, you're correct we can and do, do that. It has to go through the applications dept. however. I'll connect you.

Click, whir, buzzzzz........more elevator music ...................and then I spoke with the lovely Nicole. Same request to her. Well, let's see if we can do that, typing, more typing......OK Mr. Contractor, you're all set, should have your card in 10 to 14 days. I was dumbfounded. Smiley Surprised  Pretty sure I thanked her, hope so. I was all cranked up to argue. LOL.

I sure hope she wasn't goofing on me. LOL. I'm such a trusting soul, huh.  Anyway, when I have it in my hand, I'll be one happy contractor. 

Message 16 of 35
preci0uz
Regular Contributor

Congrats contractor!

I was told the same that I couldn't do it and I insisted that they do it all the time. I'm so calling in tomorrow.

By the way, is your APR staying the same? I just want a card with a lower APR. :\

Message 17 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I didn't ask, LOL, I was in shock. I always PIF so not really concerned about the APR right now.  When you call, ask for the applications department. That should save you trying to explain to yoyo #1 . Smiley Wink
Message 18 of 35
preci0uz
Regular Contributor

Thanks contractor! I can't wait to give them a call!
Message 19 of 35
oracles
Valued Contributor

Congrats contractor, i also seen others state here that once they product changed their card, they were able to get nice cli's as well.

Congrats again

Message 20 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.