Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: B of A secured card posting info

Hopefully B of A doesn't go belly-up. LOL
Message 21 of 35
Not_the_Point
Regular Contributor

It's monthly... I've had plenty of experiences with BoA customer service reps that have no idea what they're talking about. This is just another example.

8/27/10 -
TU FICO 768
EQ FICO 763
EX PLUS 732

Message 22 of 35
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

My question is, my credit has not really improved in the 8 months I have had my secured card and in fact have actually gotten more negative reporting from an old mortgage that is currently being worked on by my attorney.  Anyone had there card unsecured and then closed!?
Message 23 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Weekend Update - Product change supposedly happened 01/21, it is now 02/06; no new card and the website still says Platinum Plus. Grrr, depressed, the lovely Nicole lied.  So's I decide to reach out and touch someone.

Polite and friendly Gerald tells me, yes, I see your product change request filed the 21st, it was reviewed on the 3rd (reviewed ? They don't trust Nicole? egad !) and is scheduled for changeover on the 7th. Tomorrow. The card will be issued and you should have it in a few days. Excellent !, correct answer Gerald.

We shall see. Like I've said before, I count chickens not eggs.  Looking like there is a crack in this one though.

Message 24 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

The saga continues. Signed in to the B of A website today. The drop-down menu that used to say Bank of America Platinum Plus MC now says Bank of America American Express Card. Right on! Come to papa. Just waiting for the mailman.
Message 25 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

Ummmm, black, shiny, silver glittery....kind of like snake skin or carbon fibre.

IT'S HERE !  You are finally done hearing about this quest. It just makes me feel good to know this was my objective nearly a year ago and it is now in hand. Going out to dinner using my new card. They have already been accruing rewards on this card from my old Plat + starting the day it converted. Thanks all for the assistance.

EDIT: It works. Dinner at  PeiWei  was tasty.

Message Edited by contractor on 02-14-2009 08:00 PM
Message 26 of 35
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

contractor wrote:

Ummmm, black, shiny, silver glittery....kind of like snake skin or carbon fibre.

IT'S HERE !  You are finally done hearing about this quest. It just makes me feel good to know this was my objective nearly a year ago and it is now in hand. Going out to dinner using my new card. They have already been accruing rewards on this card from my old Plat + starting the day it converted. Thanks all for the assistance.

EDIT: It works. Dinner at  PeiWei  was tasty.

Congrats! And how nice to have finally acquired the object of your desire on Valentine's Day, lol. Smiley Wink
* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 27 of 35
kay82
Regular Contributor

Congrats contractor, would you mind sharing your credit limit at the time of the PC? I thought I read that you have to have at least 5k of funds on the secured card to get approved for the amex? Also were you given a CLI at graduation?

Thanks Congrats again !! 

12-08 TU 654 EQ 630 EX 628

12-08 TU 640 new accounts

1-31-09 EQ 644 15% util !!!
2-10-09 EX 663 15% util !!!
Message 28 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

I don't mind sharing at all. That is the reason I have posted ad nauseam about the procedure, to assist others that have the same goal.

I started the fully secured at $300, bumped it to 600 after a couple months if I remember correctly then up to 2K at about 5-6 months. I have used the account a lot, always PIF and sometimes paid multiple payments to keep it low balance. I opened savings and checking accounts with B of A at about 8 months.

I called after my ninth report showed on CRA's and they unsecured and bumped me to 2.5K. After about two weeks or so, I called and started the groveling for a PC. Took three or four tries to get the right person but persistence is usually the key.

It is important to deal with the applications people to get the PC even though it is not a new account. The other CSR's can't (or won't) do it. Regular CSR's can unsecure, though. They also told me they would have been calling me to unsecure after the 10th reporting cycle had I not called them. I can't see where they pulled hard during the process. They did soft me several times throughout. 

BTW...card says: Customer since '08 so they went back to the original secured date of issue. : )

Message 29 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't mind sharing at all. That is the reason I have posted ad nauseam about the procedure, to assist others that have the same goal.

I started the fully secured at $300, bumped it to 600 after a couple months if I remember correctly then up to 2K at about 5-6 months. I have used the account a lot, always PIF and sometimes paid multiple payments to keep it low balance. I opened savings and checking accounts with B of A at about 8 months.

I called after my ninth report showed on CRA's and they unsecured and bumped me to 2.5K. After about two weeks or so, I called and started the groveling for a PC. Took three or four tries to get the right person but persistence is usually the key.

It is important to deal with the applications people to get the PC even though it is not a new account. The other CSR's can't (or won't) do it. Regular CSR's can unsecure, though. They also told me they would have been calling me to unsecure after the 10th reporting cycle had I not called them. I can't see where they pulled hard during the process. They did soft me several times throughout. 

BTW...card says: Customer since '08 so they went back to the original secured date of issue. : )

Congrats again

I've had my sucured card with BOFA 6 months now i have a few more months to go before it unsecures. I have a few question so when you called the first time to get the card unsecured did you called the secured department directly? also did they bump you credit limit automaticly or did you ask? was there any hard pull?

Message 30 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.