Did you mean: 

B of A secured card posting info

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: B of A secured card posting info

@Anonymous wrote:

Congrats again

I've had my sucured card with BOFA 6 months now i have a few more months to go before it unsecures. I have a few question so when you called the first time to get the card unsecured did you called the secured department directly? also did they bump you credit limit automaticly or did you ask? was there any hard pull?

I just called the regular # on the card first time and they unsecured without a fuss. Yes, they bumped the CL from 2K to 2.5K voluntarily, I didn't have to ask. I have not seen a hard pull. 

Message 31 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

I just called the regular # on the card first time and they unsecured without a fuss.

O ok i thought u had to call the the secured department directly.

Message 32 of 35
kay82
Regular Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I don't mind sharing at all. That is the reason I have posted ad nauseam about the procedure, to assist others that have the same goal.

I started the fully secured at $300, bumped it to 600 after a couple months if I remember correctly then up to 2K at about 5-6 months. I have used the account a lot, always PIF and sometimes paid multiple payments to keep it low balance. I opened savings and checking accounts with B of A at about 8 months.

I called after my ninth report showed on CRA's and they unsecured and bumped me to 2.5K. After about two weeks or so, I called and started the groveling for a PC. Took three or four tries to get the right person but persistence is usually the key.

It is important to deal with the applications people to get the PC even though it is not a new account. The other CSR's can't (or won't) do it. Regular CSR's can unsecure, though. They also told me they would have been calling me to unsecure after the 10th reporting cycle had I not called them. I can't see where they pulled hard during the process. They did soft me several times throughout. 

BTW...card says: Customer since '08 so they went back to the original secured date of issue. : )

Sweet good stuff thanks a million contractor, I just got mine this month opened it with 500 CL and plan on bumping it up to 1k next month my goal is to put at least 4.5 to 5k on it do that I can use it to filter all my monthly expenses through it every month and build a good history with them, I opened up C & S with them also the same day I opened the account. I really want the BOA amex also so hopefully this will help me establish a good history with them. Ok so you can get the BOA AMEX without the limit but I want a high limit anyway!!! Hey thanks again  & congrats again!!! 

12-08 TU 654 EQ 630 EX 628

12-08 TU 640 new accounts

1-31-09 EQ 644 15% util !!!
2-10-09 EX 663 15% util !!!
Message 33 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
O ok i thought u had to call the the secured department directly.

I don't think I did, think it was just regular CSR and she could see that it was OK'd to unsecure and OK'd for CLI.

Message 34 of 35
Anonymous
Not applicable

@kay82 wrote:
Sweet good stuff thanks a million contractor, I just got mine this month opened it with 500 CL and plan on bumping it up to 1k next month my goal is to put at least 4.5 to 5k on it do that I can use it to filter all my monthly expenses through it every month and build a good history with them, I opened up C & S with them also the same day I opened the account. I really want the BOA amex also so hopefully this will help me establish a good history with them. Ok so you can get the BOA AMEX without the limit but I want a high limit anyway!!! Hey thanks again  & congrats again!!! 

You have a solid plan, good luck to you. Let me know when you get it in hand, I think you will like it.
Message 35 of 35
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.