cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

B of A to do Mid Cycle CR update, how to?

tag
Bay_Area_Joe
Frequent Contributor

B of A to do Mid Cycle CR update, how to?

I need help from the forum.

How do I get Bank America to force a mid cycle update of my credit report ?

I had paid my balance in full (just over 5k) and it showed up one day late to be included in this statement.

Please any help would be apprciated.

Kind regards to all.

About 600k in Credit Lines
CSP 29.9k, Citi DP 58.5k, Chase Sams MC 20k, Amex Hilton Surpass 35.6k, Hawaii Air 26k, Discover More 56k, Chase SWA 3.5k, WF PLOC 30k, B of A Visa 63.3k, Wells Plat Visa 8.3k, RC Willey 5k, Pen Fed Visa 50k, Pen Fed PLOC 25k, Lowes 25k, CSR 28.8k
Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3
thom02099
Valued Contributor

Re: B of A to do Mid Cycle CR update, how to?

@Bay_Area_Joe wrote:

I need help from the forum.

How do I get Bank America to force a mid cycle update of my credit report ?

I had paid my balance in full (just over 5k) and it showed up one day late to be included in this statement.

Please any help would be apprciated.

Kind regards to all.

There have been prior posts and reports that, if you go in to your personal profile on their website and make a change of personal information, when they update that information, they make an updated report to the CRA.  That said, I did that recently for the same reason, to get a mid-cycle report and it didn't happen.  Made several changes on my personal profile info (changed/added a phone number, changed an email address, etc), but that did not force a change to BofA reporting mid-cycle.  Perhaps there's something else that I needed to change to force a new report, and just didn't do it right. 

Message 2 of 4
wonderandawe
Valued Member

I don't think your email address or phone number are posted to your credit report, so it needs to be a mailing address.  Though it might need to be a change to a new address, there are data processing techniques know that 123 Main Street #1 and 123 Main Street Apt 1 are the same address.  

myFICO Equifax - 675 (June 2013)
myFICO TransUnion - 700! (June 2013)
Credit Karma - 682 (June 2013)
Starting Score - 603 (December 2012)

In the garden since 6/7/2013
Message 3 of 4
thom02099
Valued Contributor

@wonderandawe wrote:

I don't think your email address or phone number are posted to your credit report, so it needs to be a mailing address.  Though it might need to be a change to a new address, there are data processing techniques know that 123 Main Street #1 and 123 Main Street Apt 1 are the same address.  

Yup, that was part of the "etc" in my message, a minor variation on the street address.  Even though the phone number and email are not reported on the credit report, it was my understanding that, making any such a change, as well as address change, would prompt a new report to CRA, even though the data itself that was changed might not show up on the CR. 

Message 4 of 4
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.