Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BA Avios redemption sale is back!!!!

tag
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

BA Avios redemption sale is back!!!!

Another reason to get your Chase BA Visa with 50K Avios bonus.

British Airways just announced their Fall sale on Avios. Cash them in for trips at 40% off normal redemption value. 

RT flight from SFO-LHR in March is only 19,500 Avios and $695 dollars. WOW! 

More information here:

http://www.britishairways.com/en-us/offers/flights/reward-flight-offer

Chase BA App here:

https://creditcards.chase.com/credit-cards/british-airways-credit-card.aspx

Disclaimer: Flights must be booked by September 27 and travel dates must take place between October 1, 2015 and March 31, 2016.

Message 1 of 28
27 REPLIES 27
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BA Avios redemption sale is back!!!!

Is this only if you have that card?
Message 2 of 28
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:
Is this only if you have that card?

Nope. It's if you have Avios.

Card is a good way to get them.

Sales are announced every January and September.

Message 3 of 28
Anonymous
Not applicable

Gotcha. I'm on mobile and site does not load well. 😬
Message 4 of 28
B335is
Moderator Emeritus

Meh, I just can't get onboard with Avios. The surcharges for touching LHR are just so darn high. A couple hundred $ more and you can skip using miles altogether. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer on it and I love BA inflight product, but aside from that, LHR seems to always delay my baggage and put my arriving flight into the famous hold pattern. I won't even mention the "fast track" security. Gosh I am really down on LHR Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 28
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@B335is wrote:
Meh, I just can't get onboard with Avios. The surcharges for touching LHR are just so darn high. A couple hundred $ more and you can skip using miles altogether. Not trying to be a Debbie Downer on it and I love BA inflight product, but aside from that, LHR seems to always delay my baggage and put my arriving flight into the famous hold pattern. I won't even mention the "fast track" security. Gosh I am really down on LHR Smiley Happy

Yikes. No Debbie Downer, B. Just your truth. Good insight too. This redemption also works on Iberia.

I'll be flying them in December (for the first time) and I am connecting through LHR. Hoping I have a more positive experience.

We shall see.

P.S. I am only taking carry on so already feeling good about that.

Message 6 of 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

Ya surcharges are just silly on that trip.. Granted if you have points and have nothing to use them on then it will give you a discount.  Seems like BA just tacks on the surcharges like no tomorrow.   Isn't Avios best used for domestic flights?  Sorry still trying to learn about them, but from memory that is what I remember

Message 7 of 28
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Ya surcharges are just silly on that trip.. Granted if you have points and have nothing to use them on then it will give you a discount.  Seems like BA just tacks on the surcharges like no tomorrow.   Isn't Avios best used for domestic flights?  Sorry still trying to learn about them, but from memory that is what I remember

Well, consider that on American it would be 40K miles and pay around $300 for taxes and fees.

This is only 20K avios and a little over double the cash. That could definitely work out in someone's favor who is short on miles.

Avios are great for domestic short flights, provided there is availibility on the flight.

Also great for use while in Europe. You can hop around from country to country for as little as 4,500 avios one way.

Message 8 of 28
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

@lhcole77 wrote:

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Well, consider that on American it would be 40K miles and pay around $300 for taxes and fees.

This is only 20K avios and a little over double the cash. That could definitely work out in someone's favor who is short on miles.

Avios are great for domestic short flights, provided there is availibility on the flight.

Also great for use while in Europe. You can hop around from country to country for as little as 4,500 avios one way.

Thanks for the info.. Kinda what I thought as well..  Ya parents are sitting on over 100k+ BA miles and have a tough time using them due to the dumb surcharges.. Sent them the link you provided though, hopefully they can do something with them from this offer that makes a bit more sense than normally.  Domestic flights are pretty much free for them as they have several friends that travel weekly for a living and give SWA ticket to them whenever they need them.  Think they have been to over 30 countries+ so maybe they can make use of this.. Thanks for the link and additional info

Message 9 of 28
lhcole77
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

Thanks for the info.. Kinda what I thought as well..  Ya parents are sitting on over 100k+ BA miles and have a tough time using them due to the dumb surcharges.. Sent them the link you provided though, hopefully they can do something with them from this offer that makes a bit more sense than normally.  Domestic flights are pretty much free for them as they have several friends that travel weekly for a living and give SWA ticket to them whenever they need them.  Think they have been to over 30 countries+ so maybe they can make use of this.. Thanks for the link and additional info

My pleasure.

P.S. I am more than happy to use their Avios for them Smiley Tongue

Message 10 of 28
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.