Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BA Premium Rewards $95 Already Charged

tag
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

BA Premium Rewards $95 Already Charged

The $95 is my first spending.  It is charged right after we received the cards.  Smiley Very Happy

Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

Re: BA Premium Rewards $95 Already Charged

Got my card Friday, charge posted yesterday lol I guess they aren't playing on this one. Do you know if the fee counts towards bonus spend? My gut says no, but my wallet hopes Yea Baby!!!
Message 2 of 11
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

@credit_is_crack wrote:
Got my card Friday, charge posted yesterday lol I guess they aren't playing on this one. Do you know if the fee counts towards bonus spend? My gut says no, but my wallet hopes Yea Baby!!!

No. Annual fees never count as spending with almost any card.  But you get $100 back.  I'll need to spend this $100 and $300 from Ritz card.  Have a lot spending to do.

Message 3 of 11
CreditCuriosity
Moderator Emeritus

expect differently?  Most AF cards that are due on the first year pretty much show up instantly occasionally you might slip by for a month

Message 4 of 11
K-in-Boston
Credit Mentor

Yeah my AF posted today, too.  Got the card Friday, charged $1000 or so and set two auto-bills for next week that will hit the spending bonus.  Not too worried about the AF, though.  Since I don't have a CSR or other card with flexible airline reimbursement (Amex charge cards require you to select an airline), the next time I fly on another airline that'll come in handy.

Edit: CreditCuriousity, our posts crossed.  I kinda expected it to just appear on the first statement, not the moment that my first charges were settled.  LOL

Message 5 of 11
credit_is_crack
Valued Contributor

@CreditCuriousity wrote:

expect differently?  Most AF cards that are due on the first year pretty much show up instantly occasionally you might slip by for a month

Its normal to see them post 'quickly' (usually in the first month) but I've been surprised by this one posting the very next day; it was odd like my 5/3 card showing up on my credit report the day after I activated it, and that was just a few days ago lol 

Message 6 of 11
MrDisco99
Valued Contributor

Usually annual fees post with the first statement.  It's unusual to see them post as soon as the account is opened.

I impulse apped for this last week and I'm kinda glad I didn't get it.  $3000 minimum spend and a $95 AF right off the bat I could probably handle, but would be a bit stressful for me right now.  Maybe next year.

Message 7 of 11
Anonymous
Not applicable

Not surprised. I've seen AF post immediately.
Message 8 of 11
UpperNwGuy
Valued Contributor

A year ago, my new CSR arrived on August 25, and the annual fee was billed on September 1, exactly one week later.  I think banks like to bill annual fees on the first of the month.

Daily Carry: PenFed Power Cash • NFCU Flagship • NFCU More Rewards • Chase Freedom
Sock Drawer: PenFed Promise • NFCU cashRewards • Chase Sapphire Preferred • Chase Freedom Unlimited • United Explorer • UNFCU Azure
Message 9 of 11
BronzeTrader
Valued Contributor

For my CSR, the AF was posted on the last day of the first statement, or 20 days after the first charge.  I've not seen an AF charged on the very first day.  But not difference anyway. 

Message 10 of 11
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.