Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BANANA REPUBLIC STORE CARD

tag
elaine829
Frequent Contributor

BANANA REPUBLIC STORE CARD

Has anyone have any experience with the store banana republic card.? How are their credit increases? Do they upgrade you to the visa after awhile. Are their credit increases hard pulls or soft?
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BANANA REPUBLIC STORE CARD

Hi!

I've had the card since August 2008, starting at $400 CL, and never got an auto CLI. In August 2009  I clicked the CLI button on the website, initially got a message that my request was denied and that I were to receive a letter explaining why, but 2 days later my CL was increased to $700 (!)

The CLI was a soft pull; they also soft-pull EQ at least once month.

Message 2 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

GE allows for CLI requests every 4 months, they are soft, they are usually small increases. I don't have any experience getting upgraded to visa yet, so far they have told me all my accounts don't qualify at this time.
Message 3 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the tip! I just tried again now and was bumped to $1000. Woohoo!

No idea about the Visa upgrade, though. I never asked and they never offered.

Message 4 of 5
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

you can call and ask, they click a button and it either gives it to you or doesn't. don't let some idiot working take a new application though, this is how i ended up with a second chevron card!
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.