Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BANK LOC apr's NFCU Line of Credit (LOC) apr's

tag
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

BANK LOC apr's NFCU Line of Credit (LOC) apr's

SO for NFCU LOC 13.9% APR is best rate they offer currenty for anyone. Is that the the normal rates on LOC these days?? With NFCU or other CU/BANKS?? They qualifiied us at 14.9%apr. even more ugg Smiley Sad.  that 1.0% seems to hurt. Guess I shouldnt turn it down cause of the 1.0% difference if that is what rates are currently

Are you allowed to request lower APR on LOC like credit cards?? I think it would be different but not sure with NFCU though.

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

Re: BANK LOC apr's NFCU Line of Credit (LOC) apr's

Have people with current LOC expierience ever tried to lower their APR that you got with the initial LOC??

What are other peoples APR's on unsecured LOC they currently have??

Message 2 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

My partners is 13.9%

Mine is 17.9%!

I see some Credit Unions with as low as 9.99% but I think 13-16% is about standard.

My partners Wells Fargo Line is 13%

Message 3 of 9
MidnightJester
Frequent Contributor

Anyone else have much expierience with LOC's and what is your APR?? Has anyone ever tried or know if it is a option to lower a LOC apr in the future?? 

Message 4 of 9
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@MidnightJester wrote:

Anyone else have much expierience with LOC's and what is your APR?? Has anyone ever tried or know if it is a option to lower a LOC apr in the future?? 

Wells Fargo makes you apply again if you want to see about lower rate in future or CLI.

Navy allows you to apply for CLI but seems to not really be option for lower apr in future as they would not entertain lowering mine.

Message 5 of 9
navajomyst2003
Frequent Contributor

My Wells LOC is 11.25 but they want new app to change the rate.  No thanks. I never carry a balance on it more than a few days.

In my wallet: Cap1 Venture ($58k), Amex PRG (NPSL), Amex HH ($4K), Barclays Ring MC ($10K), Chase Sapphire Preferred ($22K), Chase SWA Visa Preferred ($7.5K), Chase United Mileage Explorer VS ($20k), Chase Marriott Rewards VS ($12K), BOA BBR MC ($41K), BOA Visa Sig Cash Rewards ($30K), Chase Ritz VS (9K), NFCU Flagship Visa ($55K), Discover It ($6K), Citi AA ($20K). Everything else in SD.

FICO goal: 800+ (as of 3-6-15: EQ FICO 774,,TU FICO 808, EX FICO 775)
Message 6 of 9
mark293
Regular Contributor

I think my NASA LOC is 8.25% for $25k
Capital One Venture- $30,000, CSP- $29,500, PenFed Promise Visa- $26,000, NASA Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa- $25,000, NASA Federal Credit Union PLOC- $25,000, Amex BCE- 23,500, Merrill +- $23,000, Western Federal Credit Union PLOC- $20,000, OCCU Platinum Visa- $20,000, Randolph Brooks Federal Credit UnionPlatinum Visa- $20,000, Security Service Federal Credit Union PLOC- $20,000, Security Service Federal Credit Union MasterCard- $15,000, Allied Credit Union Visa- $15,0000, BBVA NBA Amex $15,000, Houston Police Federal Credit Union Platinum Visa- $15,000, Amex PRG NPSL, Discover IT- $14,300, DCU Platinum Visa- $10,000, Smart Financial CU Platinum MC- $10,000, Citi Hilton Honors Visa- $7500, USAA Platinum Visa- $7000, GEMB/Dillard's-$7500.00, GEMB/JCP-$10,000
Message 7 of 9
Slim1Der
Frequent Contributor

@mark293 wrote:
I think my NASA LOC is 8.25% for $25k

My NASA LOC is 9.50% for $5k

EX - 751 EQ - 732 TU - 752
Over $200k in revolving credit lines
10% Overall UTI
BK Discharge Jan 2009
Message 8 of 9
slickshoes182
New Contributor

I have a Western FCU PLOC @ 6.5%, Nasa FCU @ 8.25%, Boeing Employee's CU @ 8.9%. 

Other low rates I've seen in the past (but don't have) are Apple FCU @ 7.24%, Norwest FCU @ 7%, First Florida @ 8.74%, Hanscom @ 8.49%, US Alliance @ 8.49%, Belvoir @ 7.75%, Keesler FCU @ 7.75%, Citadel @ 8.15%, Fed Choice @ 6.75%, RBFCU @ 8.9%.

If you're wealthy, I think City National Bank and First Republic Bank can offer even better rates on PLOCs (but the qualifications are stricter).

I applied for Wescom which offers 8.9%, but they require an 800 FICO for that, and my 766 only got me a 9.9% so I declined.

I also applied at Wells Fargo since they had 9% in Southern California + a 1% relationship discount, but they offered me 11% with a FICO of 760+ and no one would tell me why it was so bad (and of course I declined the LOC).

Message 9 of 9
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.