Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BANK OF AMERICA INQUIRIES

tag
bigbang91
Established Contributor

BANK OF AMERICA INQUIRIES

hi guys, i just received another alert from my identity thief protection program that BoA pull another hard inquiry on my account.

Here are the inquiries and date, i applied for the travel reward card on Sep 4:

Sep 4 , HP from experian

Sep 12+ 21, 2 HP from Trans union

Does anyone know why BoA pulled 3 HP for only 1 credit card app? What should i do next to get those extra HP removed?Thanks

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
09Lexie
Moderator Emerita

Re: BANK OF AMERICA INQUIRIES

Did you apply on the 4th? Ask for a CLI? Recon at all?
Message 2 of 21
DaveSignal
Valued Contributor

I have 2:  Once when I applied, and once when I asked for a CLI a year later.  They haven't randomly pulled my report ever.  They do soft pull all reports though (along with all of my other creditors).

Lexie is right though, if you asked for more credit or a recon, this is considered a new request for credit and will be a HP from many creditors.

EX:694 TU:744 EQ:777
Amex ED $19.5k - BoA Travel Rewards $15k - CSP $5k - SDFCU EMV $15k - NFCU goRewards $20k - Barclays Arrival $6.5k
Message 3 of 21
bigbang91
Established Contributor

Lexie,  yes i applied on the 4 and they approved a day later, so i didn't need to call for recon and definitely not request increase CL. On Sep 11 i saw the 2nd inquiry, call the backdoor number, they said they will look at the issue and now a 3rd inquiry pop up, unbelievable! My wife add me as AU on her BoA, but they dont HP AU right? 

Message 4 of 21
djc1puno
Valued Contributor

i would definitely ask BOFA about that other inquiry...if it's unwarranted they should be able to remove it...gl and keep us posted

GARDEN GOAL: MARCH 2014
LAST APP: 08/20/2013
---=[NORTHBOUND]=---
Message 5 of 21
enharu
Super Contributor

Big Bang, the first inquiry on TU and EX each are legitimate. It just means they double pulled you. Your monitoring service probably had some delay regarding the TU inquiry being reported. As for the 2nd inquiry on TU (your 3rd overall), that one is weird.
JPMorgan Palladium (100k), AmEx Platinum (NPSL), AmEx SPG (46k), AmEx BCP (42k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (47k), Citi Prestige (31k), Citi Thank You Preferred (27k), Citi Executive AAdvantage (25k), JPMorgan Ritz-Carlton (21k), Merrill+ (15k), US Bank Cash+ (22.5k), Wells Fargo (12k), Bloomingdale’s (12.4k), Chase Freedom (5k), Discover IT (5k).
Message 6 of 21
nyancat
Established Contributor

When I applied for Travel Rewards, Bank of America used my Experian score but they also hard pulled my TransUnion twice according to Credit Karma. They hard pulled it, removed it, hard pulled it again, then removed it again. These pulls don't matter since they were removed.

American Express Blue Cash Everyday - $11,000; American Express Platinum Cashback Everyday - £3,000; American Express Rewards Credit Card - £7,500; Aqua Reward Mastercard - £3,500; Bank of America Travel Rewards - $5,000; Barclaycard Freedom Rewards - £3,500; Citi Forward - $5,800; Discover It - $10,000; Halifax Clarity - £1,500; HSBC Platinum with Rewards - $5,000, MBNA Everyday Plus - £3,500
Message 7 of 21
OhioCPA
Frequent Contributor

I have seen TU report HP's, delete them, then put them back on, all within a matter of days. While you might have received two alerts, there is a good chance you only have one HP. You might want to check your full report to verify that there are two pulls.

________________________________________________________________________________
Message 8 of 21
azguy13
Senior Contributor

Hopefully it is just delayed alerts. It is definitely worth a phone call though. Keep us updated on what they say if/when you call.

Message 9 of 21
bigbang91
Established Contributor

Nyan cat<==thanks, i thought i was the only one, i applied for travel rewards too. 

Az<= yeah i will call BoA on Monday to see what's going on. I use wf identity theft protection so it's pretty much accurate with date of Hp

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.