Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BANK OF AMERICA & CHASE WHAT A JERKS

tag
ezef3ar
Contributor

BANK OF AMERICA & CHASE WHAT A JERKS

I'm so sad today guys I just got back from work it's almost 5:00 am here in Los Angeles and waiting on the table there's 2 preaproval letters one from Bank of America cash rewards and one for the chase Fredom Smiley Sad I just got into the garden like 3 days ago and now they start sending me preaprovals what a jerks lol they like to push people buttons Smiley Sad(. 0% tolerance policy against application I must resist at all cost but god it's so painful freedom it's another of my dream cards tear tear Smiley Sad
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

Re: BANK OF AMERICA & CHASE WHAT A JERKS

what are your inq's like? aaoa. 

if you can wait, do it. 

it will only help you in the long run. 

when i first got my walmart card back in july it was an 800 limit and my walmart fico started at 728, obv it went down due to other new cards from apps and util. 

this monh it jumped to 743. with 4 cards reporting and around 750/12k reporting. this is just with gardenining =) 

and yesterday got a cli from the 3k i got last month to 5k.

so it has its perks. (gardenining)

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 2 of 13
ezef3ar
Contributor

I won't do it I have to be a man of my word and follow garden advice... Have plenty of inquiries all over the place fico it's equifax 690 transunion 687 experian 730 creditkarma but I barely have 8 months of credit history and 6 credit cards I think it should be better if I wait lil longer thanks for the advice and congratulation on you credit increase
Message 3 of 13
creditnocash
Valued Contributor

@ezef3ar wrote:
I won't do it I have to be a man of my word and follow garden advice... Have plenty of inquiries all over the place fico it's equifax 690 transunion 687 experian 730 creditkarma but I barely have 8 months of credit history and 6 credit cards I think it should be better if I wait lil longer thanks for the advice and congratulation on you credit increase

I have to take my own advice as well. 

With only an 8 month history they will likely just throw you into a low limit card like they did with me. 

I was around 675 when I apped around 10 months aaoa at the time, and only got a 500 limit on my freedom. Which is ok since I only used it to get the bonus and the gas and restaurants category wasn't bad. But since then hasn't gotten much use. 

1% cash back is pretty standard on all my cards that aren't store cards. 

Current: Fico ScoresEQ~706 TU~719 EX 709 4/28/23

Inquiries (24 Months): EQ 0 TU 0 EX 0| Most Recent: A LONG WHILE
Over 12 Months:0

2023 Goals:
Buy A Home
Earn Cash Back

Amex Zync(Unicorn)
Chase Freedom$1500
Discover IT$7,400
Citi DC $10,000
Citizens Mastercard$7,000

Message 4 of 13
ezef3ar
Contributor

I really won't mind a small limit lol but I'm sure it's a sure declined on both so better keep gardening man. Till this 6 cards go bigger then to get bigger ones after that Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 13
Anonymous
Not applicable

@ezef3ar wrote:

Like creditnocash said it will only help you in the long run. You don't want to waste an inq this early unless you're 100% positive that you will be approved. 

Message 6 of 13
ezef3ar
Contributor

That's completely accurate since I'm sure is a denied or sorry short length with accounts open... I rather keep my fingers off the letters and off any other credit offer lol
Message 7 of 13
JusdoNit
Established Contributor

Hear. Hear!  Awesome advice and great restraint with your continued gardening decision.  You don't wanna have double digit inquiries like meSmiley Embarassed Did I mention that mines start with a 3?

Starting Score: 722
Current Score: Now 687 what the hockey sticks...from a 784 (Aug 12 EX 751 EQ Fico)
Goal Score: 800

If your outGo is more than your INcome than your UpKeep will become your downFALL.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 8 of 13
RonDawg
Contributor

@ezef3ar wrote:
I'm so sad today guys I just got back from work it's almost 5:00 am here in Los Angeles and waiting on the table there's 2 preaproval letters one from Bank of America cash rewards and one for the chase Fredom Smiley Sad I just got into the garden like 3 days ago and now they start sending me preaprovals what a jerks lol they like to push people buttons Smiley Sad(. 0% tolerance policy against application I must resist at all cost but god it's so painful freedom it's another of my dream cards tear tear Smiley Sad

how the heck?? You get pre approvals for cards and I don't get nothing lol 

Don't fall off the wagon for their promises keep up the fine fight man you have all the rest of us here supporting you in the garden!

AMEX Platinum, AMEX Blue cash (10k), AMEX Delta (10k), US Bank Premier Line (14.5k), US Bank Cash + (7.5k), Chase Freedom (5k), Fred Meyer Rewards Visa (7.5k), US Bank Flex Perks Travel Rewards (5k), Discover IT (9.5k), Chase Sapphire Preferred (8k), Alerus Financial Visa Signature issued by Elan (10k), BofA Cash Rewards (10k), Citi Thankyou Pref (6.5k) TU FICO Score = 807, EQ FICO Score = 780, EX FICO Score = 780,
CreditKarma score = 785, CreditSesame score = 773, Vantage = 903
Message 9 of 13
ezef3ar
Contributor

RonDawg. Man it's. really cool having prep approvals letters n stuff but when your at the garden it hurts to get them and not touch them lol.
Message 10 of 13
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.