Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BANK OF AMERICA

tag
niquieg
New Contributor

BANK OF AMERICA

i make a $1000.00 payment on the 23rd only to have my credit limit dropped to $900 from the original $2000.00 on the 24th, what a Happy Thanksgiving they have made this.

Bank of America $5000/ Alliant Credit Union $2000/ Amazon Chase $2000/ Capital One $1600/ First Premier $475
Message 1 of 16
15 REPLIES 15
JM-AM
Valued Contributor

Re: BANK OF AMERICA

Sorry about the CLD.

While I have had no problems with BoA others have. I can not give a reason as to why they pick and choose who they CLD, but maybe you can help others by giving more information of your situation that brought about their decision.

Have you been carrying a higher balance?

Was the card almost maxed out before you made the $1000 payment?

Do you have other cards that you carry higher balances on?

Do you know what your UTIL % is on your CR's?

Have your CR scores changed?

Has a new negative information been reported to your CR's?

Good Luck
May all your dreams and wishes become a reality!
Message 2 of 16
marty56
Super Contributor

BofA doing a CLD going into a holiday, who would of thought.  You best option now would be to PIF the BofA card as soon as you can and never use it again, if possible.  Based on your credit and income,  I would look at a local CU.  They usually don't play these type of games.  Let the BofA card add to your AAoA and if you need to use it, always PIF.  Don't let them make 1 cent of interest off of you but don't close the card either.

LOL if you are thinking of  doing something medieval with a BofA CSR, you'll have to wait in line behind me,  that goes for anyone else in this forum as well.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 16
clocktick
Valued Contributor

Wow, sorry to hear that.  Just curious, how high was your balance and how long were you carrying it?  I have BOA issues too but they won't even give me a card.

11/30/08 TU 648 EX 672 EQ 656 SEPT 2014 TU 787 EX 789 EQ ???
Amex BCP $24.1K/Clear $8.5- Sallie Mae $27.5 -Cap One QS $7.5 - Chase Freedom $7.5/United $5k/CSP $20k/Ink- Citi DP $9.5/Dividend $13k/HHHx2 $15k/16.4/Reserve $4.5k Best Buy $1940 HD $1701- Discover IT $15k - Elan $8k GEMB Lowes $20k - Macy's $2k - Kohl's $800

Starting Score: 648
Current Score: 736
Goal Score: 765

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 4 of 16
jeffery581
Established Contributor

I wouldn't have a bank of america card if they wre the last ccc out there. God forbit you should bad mouth them on here too. Smiley Happy

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 5 of 16
marty56
Super Contributor

@jeffery581 wrote:

I wouldn't have a bank of america card if they wre the last ccc out there. God forbit you should bad mouth them on here too. Smiley Happy

I also like BofA CSRs.  Dead ones.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 6 of 16
score_building
Senior Contributor

What's with the cryptic edits, sans explanation?  

UGH, this place just aint what it used to be, sad really Smiley Sad

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 7 of 16
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Another thing. This post was edited by someone other than the original poster. The original post said "[edited] bank of america"... I come on here for other peoples experiences and opinions. I really dislike the editing and censorship. I really like this board but the editing is to much. I can understand editing spam, and VILE comments but a "[edited]"? Come on.

Hi jeffery581,

These forums are read by a wide range of folks.  They are designed to allow forum members to share information, which can easily be done without using offensive language.  Offensive language may be edited, as it is not in keeping with our policy of being friendly, supportive, and respectful.  Certainly we can all share our opinions – whether positive or negative - without using potentially offensive language.

Thanks for your understanding and for your participation on these forums.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 8 of 16
score_building
Senior Contributor

They left me alone through the peak of the recession but just a few weeks ago chopped 5k to 1k and 4k to 500 in response to me reminding them that they had a homework assignment (by pressing the luv button.)  Even Amex has been playing nice-- CLI, approval for another card and have qualified for major lines 10k+ at fav CUs and other majors instantly.  Low uti, no negs at all, no app sprees, only a few inq most will fall off by next year, etc. 

Since the boa CLD have been stringing them along by making purchases the same as usual without missing a beat, more to show them what they will be missing out on when they take a break in the SD indefinitely (of course not that they care.)  

Will need to do some serious culling in the years to follow and literally cannot think of one acct that I don't have good use for right now, so they actually did me a favor, no joke--it gives me two accts to summarily close.  I have only been giving them the benefit of SERIOUS doubt all along and well, they reared their ugly heads, LOL

My strategy is to wait several months and then hopefully restore limits and when the restored limits report, close both cc... this way at least  won't have 2 low limit accounts reporting closed.

DCU EQ 5.0, Citi EQ 08 Bankcard, PenFed EX NG2
EX 08: AFCU, Amex, Chase, PSECU EX 98(?)
TU 08: Barclays, Discover
Message 9 of 16
ScarletFever
Frequent Contributor

To the moderator: "respectful" to who? BOA? F-em'...

.Citi FICO-836 Barclays TU FICO; 827. Discover Fic0-826; CK:EQ-821; TU-819; CS-819; Total credit-$165,500: NASA-29,700; AMEX BCP-17,000; AMEX EDP-20,000; CSP-14,400; Barclay Ring-10,000; Discover It-9,000; U.S.Bank Sig Visa13,000; United TeleTech Federal Credit Union-$9000; Citi Double Cash-9900; Citi TYP-7,700; Discover Cashback Bonus-7,200;Chase Freedom-6,500; AMEX HHilton Honors-5000; Barclay NFL Extra Points-$5000. Utility always 1-2%
Message 10 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.