Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BANK OF AMERICA

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: BANK OF AMERICA

@ScarletFever wrote:

To the moderator: "respectful" to who? BOA? F-em'...

Although I'm not particularly good at mind-reading, I think that the edit was to remove a word from the thread title that many people find offensive. It's not an issue of offending BofA; it's trying to keep the forums reasonably palatable to a wide variety of people. Thread titles tend to leap off the page, you know.

I think that anyone who functions in a community of people from varying backgrounds --at work, for instance --realizes that things that are OK among friends can be a bit too much for others. There are plenty of words that I use with my friends and peers that I wouldn't use in front of my mother. That's just a simple case of respect. And what used to be called manners. Smiley Happy

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 16
jeffery581
Established Contributor

Thats what I was thinking too. I guess someone has BOof A stock or something.

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 12 of 16
jeffery581
Established Contributor

The oriiginal post was not negative in anyway. If you don't like someone saying something bad about a bank YOU HAVE A PROBLEM!

Capital One Quicksilver Visa | Capital One Quicksilver Matercard | Sony Visa | ebay Mastercard | Best Buy Visa| Shell Mastercard | CareCredit | Amazon Rewards Visa | Discover it | Lowes | Home Depot | Chase Freedom | Ebates Visa | TJMAX Platinum MasterCard | Stash Signature Visa | Hilton Amex | Bank of America Cash Rewards Visa | Bank of America Better Balance Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash Rewards | Blue Cash AMEX | IHG Rewards Club World Mastercard | Barclay Cash Foward World Mastercard | Bank of America Travel Rewards Visa | US Bank Cash 365 AMEX | Amex Everyday | Target | CITI Double Cash | WELLS FARGO PROPEL AMEX | Royal Carribean Visa | AARP REWARDS VISA | BEst Western Mastercard
Message 13 of 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

@jeffery581 wrote:

Thats what I was thinking too. I guess someone has BOof A stock or something.

hahaha - this is just too funny! MyFico board just isnt what it used to be... sigh!

Message 14 of 16
jeffery581
Established Contributor

"That's just a simple case of respect. And what used to be called manners. :smileyhappy:"

It's also respectful to leave others post alone....

Message 15 of 16
Lel
Moderator Emeritus

Okay, let me try to clear up some misconceptions here:

1. It is perfectly fine to complain about companies here, whether it be Bank of America, Capital One, Chase, whatever.  Complaining about CC companies is a very popular theme on these boards.

2. The reason for the edit of the original post is that some of your fellow members found the use of a certain phrase to be offensive.  It is possible to express severe displeasure without using this phrase.  For example, it doesn't matter if some writes, "I hate Bank of America with a vengance!  They are clearly the worst and most despicable company in the history of American business."  This relays a strong negative opinion without resorting to potentially offensive language.  Disclaimer: that is not my actual opinion of B of A, even though they involuntarily closed a CC on me a couple years ago.

3. Given the fact that your fellow members complained about the use of the phrase, the moderators decided that it would be reasonable to remove the offending phrase while leaving the actual post intact.  The post itself was not edited at all.  Only the title of the thread was modified.

4. Further edits within the thread were done only because the offending phrase was reintroduced.

5. The myFICO Forums User Guidelines state, "In the spirit of a healthy and helpful community, profanity, spam, personal attacks, flaming, and other inappropriate postings will not be tolerated.  Such material may be edited or removed."  The Terms of Service also outlines content that is typically considered inappropriate on the FICO Forums.

6. Yes, we all realize that "inappropriate content" is ill-defined, and we (the moderators) are not a bunch of Potter Stewarts who know it when we see it.  Everything is subject to interpretation, including the phrase in question.  But to reiterate, other members of the community (more than a few, I would add) did find it objectionable, and the moderators and administration agreed that it would be appropriate to redact the phrase without stifling a negative discussion about Bank of America.

7. So to reiterate, complain all you want about Bank of America or any other company.  But with a Forums community of over 300,000 members, please be aware that some people, for better or for worse, are going to find certain language to be objectionable.  When they complain, and if their complaints have merit to them, then action will be taken.

Thank you for your understanding.

Message 16 of 16
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.