Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BARCLAY'S VISA Reporting Question ?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BARCLAY'S VISA Reporting Question ?

Hello all!  I was recently approved for the BARCLAY VISA with APPLE REWARDS, on 12/26 after a recon!  Well, actually more like 5 recons !  :-)  My score is under 600, but I have a lengthy credit history and they liked all my recent positives with new credit and auto loan history.  The things drudging down my score are very old (5-7 years) collections, many due to fall off this summer.  Anyway, I got a $700 line -- low, but a start.  My question is:  When will they report to CRAs?  My first due date is not until 2/21/15, but will they report in January when my statement closes on 1/24 ??  I've gotten so many different answers.  My balance now is $570, and I do not want it reporting that high of UTIL -- so should I pay before 1/24, or will they not report until February after first due date ?  I am confused !   I have already made one payment of $125 so far.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!  I am loving BARCLAYCARD so far, but have read some horror stories about AA, so wish to stear clear of that.  Thank you !  

Message 1 of 17
16 REPLIES 16
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BARCLAY'S VISA Reporting Question ?

Most get reported from the statement date. I would pay the majority of the balance off a few days before statement date and leave 1-9% util left over for when the statement closes.
Message 2 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

So in other words pay as much as I can BEFORE 1/24 ?  So it WILL report this month even though my first due date is not until 2/24 ?  Because I would like to keep UTIL under 35% at least.. The CA at BARCLAY said they do like to see some util. on report, so going too low isnt too good either I reckon ?

Message 3 of 17
gdale6
Moderator Emeritus

Barclays reports within a few days of your statement being cut and they report the statement balance so pay your account down to whatever percentage of the CL you want to report on or before your statement cycle date.

As far as the AA its way overblown, I would not even worry about it unless you are oepning a lot of cards or run up some large balances,.

Message 4 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Yes it has nothing to do with your due date. The date the statement closes is the "snapshot" that gets sent over to the CRAs. So pay as much as you can before 1/34 and leave 1-9% left over. Make sure to pay the rest before the due date of 2/24. I usually make the payment the day after the statement closes. So in your example, the 25th of January rather than waiting til the actual due date. The last part has no effect on the reporting however. I just like to pay it off asap.
Message 5 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

OP my Barclay's card reported about 3 -4 days after approval. Then just about a week later my 1st statement closed, which was on the 3rd.

Message 6 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

Hey all!!  Thank you for the rapid replies !!  Can someone just clear this up -- since my statement closes on 1/24, should I pay it down BEFORE the 24th (say on 1/20) or AFTER the 24th, such as 1/25 or 1/26.  I want to make sure it reports lower UTIL.  My other card is a Credit One Card, limit $400, util about 20%.  They seem to be CLI me each month about $100 !

Message 7 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

I always pay down my cards to the desired utilization approx a week b4 the statement closes. In your case I would pay it down by Friday the16th, giving it time to post. You can actually pay your balance down on the 19th if you like. Its up to you. 

Message 8 of 17
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:

Hello all!  I was recently approved for the BARCLAY VISA with APPLE REWARDS, on 12/26 after a recon!  Well, actually more like 5 recons !  :-)  My score is under 600, but I have a lengthy credit history and they liked all my recent positives with new credit and auto loan history.  The things drudging down my score are very old (5-7 years) collections, many due to fall off this summer.  Anyway, I got a $700 line -- low, but a start.  My question is:  When will they report to CRAs?  My first due date is not until 2/21/15, but will they report in January when my statement closes on 1/24 ??  I've gotten so many different answers.  My balance now is $570, and I do not want it reporting that high of UTIL -- so should I pay before 1/24, or will they not report until February after first due date ?  I am confused !   I have already made one payment of $125 so far.

Any information would be greatly appreciated!  I am loving BARCLAYCARD so far, but have read some horror stories about AA, so wish to stear clear of that.  Thank you !  

First of all congratulations on your approval!!

Do know that most people that has a Barclay's credit card in their wallet don't get "AA"s, even on this forum it's a very small population (and the people on this forum general has way more credit cards than the general population). Me myself got like 9-10 new accounts (half inquiries on EX other half on TU*, clean EQ) within 3 months after getting the arrival+, and also, I swiped them very aggressively (>80% utilization total overall) and I see no AA on my accounts. And my credit history (not considering being an AU on my mom's centurion) is only like 5 years.

*Also noticed that Barclay's soft pulled my EX & TU report almost every month but no EQ.

Barclay's report your account to credit bureaus very quickly (for me that was 2-3 days) after approval. Applies both to my BN card and Arrival+ that I had.

Also, I did noticed that Barclay will always report my statement balance regardless of the real time balance (aka the time that they sent the information to the credit bureaus about my balances). One time I tried (for science?) to paid the entire balance off the day of the statement - then I saw my balance on the credit report, reported about 6 days after statement cut (which has a real time balance of zero)

Message 9 of 17
taxi818
Super Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

ok. i guess you have not been monitoring your credit report. 99.9% of the time. barclays already reported. it generally in 48 hours. the first report. then after. 3 days after due date. so if you due date is 2-21-15, the statement date will be 2-24-15  i have the same card. so that is the real deal. you were first reported upon approval.

Message 10 of 17
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.