cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BARCLAYS/JUNIPER MAKING IT UP AS THEY GO ALONG?

tag
pazuzu
Frequent Contributor

BARCLAYS/JUNIPER MAKING IT UP AS THEY GO ALONG?

After receiving several "pre-approved" mail offers from them in 2008, I cold-apped for an Emigrant Direct CC in Feb 09. I was not approved, so I called them and was told that they wanted to see more post-BK rebuilding. Of course, they didn't tell me for how long.

Now Barclays has been softing me on TU once a month, but I have received no offers from them.

And a few days ago, Barclays told a forum member here that they would have to wait until their BK dropped off before getting approved. Yet there are consumers with BKs still reporting who *do* get approved. 

I would like to try for a Barclays Apple CC to buy a MacBook Air, but Im leery of getting another denial that will stay on my CR for 2 years.

ACK!

No apps/new accts since 2011

***FICO EXPERIAN 830***
***FICO EQUIFAX 828***
***FICO TRANSUNION 822***

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

Re: BARCLAYS/JUNIPER MAKING IT UP AS THEY GO ALONG?

You can have BK, but think they want 1-2 from discharge.

they don't want to see more than a few inq

they don't want to see much debt

The apple I think is one of the easier and lots of people got instant approvals for less than $400 and called backdoor and got CLI up to $1500-2500 for the purpose of buying computer, etc.

Message 2 of 2
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.