Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB Visa-Use to Report?

tag
Anonymous
Not applicable

BB Visa-Use to Report?

Do I need to use my Best Buy Visa in order for it to report? Don’t reallt have anything I need now. Got it for a future TV purchase, or other electronic purchases, but I am not wanting them right now. Going to wait till Black Friday deals.

Maybe they are like Amex and I just need to wait longer.

Anyone with experience on this I would greatly appreciate your input.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4
AverageJoesCredit
Legendary Contributor

Re: BB Visa-Use to Report?

No it should report Dj BUT they can be slow and depending on bureau, ive had to on occasion dispute so they would update . I guess thats contradictory but with my Eq , everyone wants to update on their own sweet time.
Message 2 of 5
Meanmchine
Super Contributor

My VS is open but Comenity hasnt reported in over a year. Havnt used the card since 2015

>3/2016 EX 644 CK-TU 642 CK-EQ 660 WalMart- 671.
>5/2023 All 3 reports 840ish (F8) F9s = 850 but my app finger is still twitching
Message 3 of 5
zerofire
Valued Contributor

Citi will report your accounts to the credit agencies once a month regardless of the amount of use as long as it is open. They will report a 0 if that is your current credit used. Some of the agencies will update at diffrent times so be aware that not all of them will have the numbers at such and such time of the month. Usually it happens whenever they feel like it and Citi reports it on your statement cut date. However be aware that Citi can close your Best Buy card if they feel like you are being inactive but that is very rare overall.

TU:837 09/19/23 Bank of America--EX: 841 09/20/23 Experian--EQ:832 09/21/23 myFICO--Gardening since N/A
Active:
Bank of America (Unlimited Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards WMC, Customized Cash Rewards VSC), Capital One Walmart WMC, Chase(Amazon Prime VSC, Freedom Flex WEMC [x2], Freedom Unlimited VC), Citi Dividend MC, Citizens GreenSense MC, Curve WEMC, Discover It C, FNBO Ducks Unlimited VSC, PenFed (Platinum Rewards VSC, Pathfinder Rewards VSC), Synchrony Bank PayPal Cashback MC, UMB Bank Simply Rewards VC[Milford Federal], US Bank (Altitude Go VSC, Cash+ VSC [x2], Pick n Save/Metro Market WEMC)
Wishlist: AAA Daily Advantage Visa, AOD Signature, Bellco Colorado Rewards, Citi Custom Cash, EBates, Nusenda Platinum Cash Rewards, Ollo Optimum, Redstone Signature, Security Service Power Travel Rewards, Vantage West Connect Rewards
Message 4 of 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thx all.
@machine... comentity Cards you need to use to report. They won’t report unless they see usage I believe. Make a 0.01 Payment to it and it will report. Smiley Happy
Message 5 of 5
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.