Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB&T Recon-and Backdoor Phone No. Needed

tag
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

BB&T Recon-and Backdoor Phone No. Needed

I applied for a BBT visa card almost at the VERY BEGINNING of my app spree and received th 7 to 10 day decision message. And on my EQ report it appears they MAY have done 3 pulls b/c it shows BB&T 3 diff. times but with different letters after each one? I need to call and research that one! If I do call, should I also try to recon with them? And does anyone have a backdoor no. for them? I didn't see one here on the board.

BUSINESS
Rewards Pts.-Miles: UR-MR-TYP-Venture
Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

Re: BB&T Recon-and Backdoor Phone No. Needed

@Credit-hoarder wrote:

I applied for a BBT visa card almost at the VERY BEGINNING of my app spree and received th 7 to 10 day decision message. And on my EQ report it appears they MAY have done 3 pulls b/c it shows BB&T 3 diff. times but with different letters after each one? I need to call and research that one! If I do call, should I also try to recon with them? And does anyone have a backdoor no. for them? I didn't see one here on the board.

I'm growing tired of BB&T as a bank but they've been pretty good to me with their Visa.  You're right... it's almost impossible to find anything about their card here or anywhere else online for that matter.  I've asked questions before and come up empty handed.

Since all the apps for this card are handled over the phone or in a branch, you might consider either calling back in to the 800 number and speaking to a representative in the credit card application department, or stop into a branch and speak with the manager to see if he/she knows of any way to recon this.

From my experience, BB&T has always been pretty easy to work with on special needs similar to this, particularly when engaging the branch manager.  The one thing that keeps me doing business with them is that for a large-ish regional bank, they tend to provide very credit union-like service (even if their deposit accounts generally suck).

Message 2 of 8
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

@steve23111: Thanks, I might try that (going to a branch manager). I called the 800 number on my denial letter and got absol. NOWHERE. I've acquired 7 new accts. in my recent spree and everyone here on the forum says I should stand pat, but I figured as long as I've already spent the HP, why not try to recon!

BUSINESS
Message 3 of 8
eric5351
New Visitor

Hi. I applied for the BB&T credit card today and got the same 7 to 10 day message after some identity verification questions. I also noticed that it appears they pulled EQ 3 times. Did you ever inquire about that? If so, what was the repsonse? Everyone I call cannot tell me anything. Thanks!

Message 4 of 8
striehl8212
Frequent Contributor

@eric5351 wrote:

Hi. I applied for the BB&T credit card today and got the same 7 to 10 day message after some identity verification questions. I also noticed that it appears they pulled EQ 3 times. Did you ever inquire about that? If so, what was the repsonse? Everyone I call cannot tell me anything. Thanks!

It seems like to me at times BB&T is clueless. They have charged me fees for ATM  withdrawals out of their own ATM (I bank with them). They recently double HP'd my EQ report to open up a savings account. Like seriously? I have a checking with you guys, c'mon. And they were no help in removing the hard pulls. I had to go through Equifax to have them removed. Such a pain. 

March 2014: EX 693 I EQ 672 I TU 694
September 2014: EX 721 I EQ 741 I TU 742
Message 5 of 8
navigatethis12
Valued Contributor

@eric5351 wrote:

Same happened to me. I got three inquiries and was declined about one week later. The letter said I must write to them to the address on the letter if I want to know the reasons I was delcined. What a joke. I plan on writing and inquiring why they needed to do three inquiries right after each other.

Message 6 of 8
Credit-hoarder
Valued Contributor

I tried inquire about it and recon for the card, but got absolutley NOWHERE. I just simply made a mental note never to app with them again. If you are able to find out why they do that, please post it b/c I'm still somewhat curious.

BUSINESS
Message 7 of 8
steve23111
Frequent Contributor

That's one bank which has gone down the tubes like crap through a goose.  I thought Bank of America and Wachovia were the king and queen of incompetence, but BB&T had been doing stupid stuff and got extremely fee-hungry a couple of years ago, and I finally closed out my checking account with them not too terribly long ago.  I still have the Visa, but am not sure why.  I never use it.  I'm waiting for them to start charging me for not using it.  I wouldn't put it past them.

Message 8 of 8
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.