Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BB store card to close or not

tag
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

BB store card to close or not

Well with my cli yesterday .....i was just wondering if i should close my bb store card..plan b card  .....opened in 2008 750 cl........i would like to try for a HHgregg or a regular bb store card in june of next year...my bk is only negative on reports.... 2005 bk...

What are your thoughts...

I have about 8 to 10 inquiries about 1 yr old...never ue card and the loss of utli will not affect that much........trying to slim profile for small app spree ( amex,discover) in june 2013

Message 1 of 21
20 REPLIES 20
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

Re: BB store card to close or not

@amercnchopz34 wrote:

Well with my cli yesterday .....i was just wondering if i should close my bb store card..plan b card  .....opened in 2008 750 cl........i would like to try for a HHgregg or a regular bb store card in june of next year...my bk is only negative on reports.... 2005 bk...

What are your thoughts...

I have about 8 to 10 inquiries about 1 yr old...never ue card and the loss of utli will not affect that much........trying to slim profile for small app spree ( amex,discover) in june 2013

anyone??

Message 2 of 21
xiownthisplacex
Frequent Contributor

It has no AF, so leave it open for now so it can report more, then if you want close it a couple of months before apping for new credit. I would just leave it open because it has no AF.

Message 3 of 21
LS2982
Mega Contributor

Is keep it open. Have you ever requested a CLI on it?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 21
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

yes I have....its a plan B card ...thats the max limit for this type of card

Message 5 of 21
lithium78
Established Contributor

If there's no AF, there's very little reason to close it.  I would just stick it in the sock drawer.

Starting Score: TU: 566
Current Score: TU: 741 (Discover FICO); EQ: 755 (MyFico) EX: 774 (FAKO)
Goal Score: 800

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 6 of 21
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

yeah .......I think I want to hold on to it at least till June.....I just dont want it to hinder my chance of a normal Best buy store card  with a good limit...

Message 7 of 21
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

Have you every tried to PC it? I have no idea if BB will do that, but maybe it's worth a call.

If they won't PC or CLI and you don't use the card, I would go ahead and close it. I know the prevailing wisdom is to keep any non-AF card open. But I feel like when your credit profile has improved to the point where the card has absolutely no use to you, there's just no reason to hang on to it.

You have some really nice CL CCs in your sig. And the Plan B card is the least desirable of the BB CCs. I would make sure you have at least 2 TLs open for at least 1 year each. If you have that with your other CCs, then I'd close the BB card. Otherwise, I'd leave it open until you have the 1 yr history w/2 open TLs.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 8 of 21
amercnchopz34
Established Contributor

@bichonmom wrote:

Have you every tried to PC it? I have no idea if BB will do that, but maybe it's worth a call.

If they won't PC or CLI and you don't use the card, I would go ahead and close it. I know the prevailing wisdom is to keep any non-AF card open. But I feel like when your credit profile has improved to the point where the card has absolutely no use to you, there's just no reason to hang on to it.

You have some really nice CL CCs in your sig. And the Plan B card is the least desirable of the BB CCs. I would make sure you have at least 2 TLs open for at least 1 year each. If you have that with your other CCs, then I'd close the BB card. Otherwise, I'd leave it open until you have the 1 yr history w/2 open TLs.

Bichonmom,

Have tried PC ....No go ...I need to re apply

Thank you for your help....All my lines have ok open dates....hsbc  has a open date of 2007...cap one  2009....big limit card ..Barclays November 2011,alliant  and  fairwinds opened in april of this year..........by June they will be 1 yr  old......all else is older than a year

Message 9 of 21
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

You have good TLs with long enough histories, so it won't hurt you to close it. I don't know how much good it's going to do for approval of the card you want to keep this one open. But it probably can't hurt, either. I'd just do whatever you're most comfortable with.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 10 of 21
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.