Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBR minimum payment question

tag
thelethargicage
Valued Contributor

BBR minimum payment question

I was reading thru my CC Agreement and noticed that the minimum payment is $25. If I only spend $20, will I still get the bonus? According to the T&Cs, you have to pay MORE than the minimum payment. Since $20 < $25, should I spend at least $26 just to be on the safe side?

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: BBR minimum payment question

I put my internet bill $41 to play it safe. I've setup auto payment and auto billpay. Made sure the reward goes into my checking acct.
Message 2 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

@thelethargicage wrote:
I was reading thru my CC Agreement and noticed that the minimum payment is $25. If I only spend $20, will I still get the bonus? According to the T&Cs, you have to pay MORE than the minimum payment. Since $20 < $25, should I spend at least $26 just to be on the safe side?

According to their program rules, "A monthly payment received on or before the Due Date, which is more than the Minimum Payment due; a payment in full received on or before the Due Date is a Qualifying Payment"...so I would say you can just set your autopay to the statement balance and you should be fine.  I know anecdotally there have been many people reporting that this is their free Netflix account, which means they definitely weren't hitting $25.  At the same time, there have been others who have had some trouble with getting their bonuses.

So really it's YMMV, but to be safe yes you can always put $26.  And as bob said, switch redemption to your checkings/savings account if you haven't already!  According to their prompt it takes a few weeks to register so might as well do it sooner rather than later.

Message 3 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

My $1/month triggers the $30 reward which I deposit into a Bofa savings account (min $300 to avoid monthly fee)

Message 4 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

If your balance is less than the "normal" minimum payment, you can still pay the balance and get the reward because your <$25 balance is the minimum payment.

Message 5 of 6
Anonymous
Not applicable

As long as you adhere to the T&Cs of the credit card you should be fine.
Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.