cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBRZ AF Waived! NO ONE SHOULD PAY!!!

tag
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

Re: BBRZ AF Waived! NO ONE SHOULD PAY!!!

@mgs2010 wrote:

hmmm so if you do this right then you can have them waive the fee and credit the account 39.00 or whatever the fee is. Go buy something for that amount and then close the card before the AF hits the account. This way you got 39.00 or however much on HSBCs tab. I hate HSBC. I'm glad capital one is taking them over...however, i'm not so sure they're any better.

This is cheesy, IMO.

I hate big banking as much as anyone (way more than most people, in fact), but I'm not going to lower myself to their so-called standards.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 11 of 18
texasman07
Established Contributor

FYI! Called back today! Got the fee waived for one more year!!

NO AF of 59.00 THIS YEAR BABY!!!!!!!!

Message 12 of 18
scottwagnon
Valued Contributor

i am one of the few that has ever gotten the entire inital AF waived on a RZMC. i canceled it 10 months later so i have never had to pay an AF on a gold RZMC.

earth air water fire master visa express discover
Message 13 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@texasman07 wrote:

ok so i have had the gold for a year. my af hits on september 06. i hated this card but, since cap 1 is taking over i decided to keep it. i called and threated the out sourcing  agency that i want to close. they sent me to an amercian who said, " I can waive ur AF since ur such a good customer!" here is my direct line. call me when ur af hiits! i cant do anything till it post to ur acct. then we can waive the fee!!! i have a 300.00 cl btw! sucks!

Man that sounds suspect to me........

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 14 of 18
mxp114
Valued Contributor

I called to cancel my RZMC Gold and the guy waived the AF so I kept it open Smiley Wink

Message 15 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@mgs2010 wrote:

hmmm so if you do this right then you can have them waive the fee and credit the account 39.00 or whatever the fee is. Go buy something for that amount and then close the card before the AF hits the account. This way you got 39.00 or however much on HSBCs tab. I hate HSBC. I'm glad capital one is taking them over...however, i'm not so sure they're any better.

Smiley Very Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 16 of 18
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@texasman07 wrote:

FYI! Called back today! Got the fee waived for one more year!!

NO AF of 59.00 THIS YEAR BABY!!!!!!!!

Congrats!! Smiley Happy

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 17 of 18
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

I have HSBC Platinum and HSBC BEST BUY MC. I called in December about AF on Platinum which is $59.00 and told them that I'm cancelling my account...got an American on the line and he told me he will credit my account $50.00 and I should see it within 7-10 days. I figured $9 bucks I aint going to argue and told him fine I will keep it open. Well I seen the credit for $50.00 and then called for a CLI on Best Buy MC and they refused the CLI, however 7-10 days later I seen a $20 credit for AF on BBRZMC. I figured weird, but I aint going to say anything. HSBC Platinum is going to be closed next January. It was confirmed to me 3 times that this was a rebuilder card and it will NEVER go above $300.00 limit. I figured that I will keep it as a positive tradeline and open UTIL until AF hits in January 2013 and then close it out...unless CAPONE gods allow me to have a CLI on it although based on their pattern I will most likely seen their gods before I get a CLI.

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 18 of 18
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.