Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBRZ CLD

tag
screeema
Valued Member

BBRZ CLD

I woke up this morning with a Pageonce alert that my BBRZ MC was decreased from $800

to $305...what's with the extra 5??

I just want to close it, I have much higher CL now and I don't really use this card..but I did just close

my first card, a FP...not sure how safe it is to close 2 cards so close together..

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5
Tonya-E
Established Contributor

Re: BBRZ CLD

Hi scree...well I will be able to report on this shortly. I just closed a FP (which happened to be my oldest account) along with an HSBC MC. It was overdue for both to go but I have really been scared on what will happen as a result.  From what I have found up here, as long as your balance is zero and/or it is not throwing any of your utilization out of whack you should be fine. I will let you know what happens to me though.  The FP should report as closed next week but the HSBC won't update until month's end.

Wallet: Amex BCP-45k| Barclays Rewards MC-26.3k| Citi Thank You Preferred-27.5k| Citi Double Cash-14k| Target MC-11.5k| Walmart MC-7.5k| Chase Freedom Unlimited Signature-6k

Take the myFICO Fitness Challenge
Message 2 of 6
bichonmom
Senior Contributor

@screeema wrote:

I woke up this morning with a Pageonce alert that my BBRZ MC was decreased from $800

I just want to close it, I have much higher CL now and I don't really use this card..but I did just close

my first card, a FP...not sure how safe it is to close 2 cards so close together..

How many other cards do you have? What are you CL? The only negative effect it would have is on your util. It won't affect your AAoA until it falls off your CR in 10 years. As long as you have other CCs, you should be fine closing it.

EQ FICO 750 | TU FICO 761 (Walmart) | EX FAKO 767 | Goal: 800+

Edits, funky spacing and spelling due to my iPad not getting along with the forum editor!

Message 3 of 6
LS2982
Mega Contributor

@screeema wrote:

Sorry to hear Smiley Sad

Did you call them and get the reasons why you got a CLD?

EQ FICO 548 3/3/16
Message 4 of 6
haulingthescoreup
Moderator Emerita

@screeema wrote:

Read fused's Closing Credit Cards (linked in my siggy below) for the consequences of closing CC accounts.

Timing shouldn't be an issue. What you need to be aware of is the change in your total util when you close cards, and what affect it might have on your util.

* Credit is a wonderful servant, but a terrible master. * Who's the boss --you or your credit?
FICO's: EQ 781 - TU 793 - EX 779 (from PSECU) - Done credit hunting; having fun with credit gardening. - EQ 590 on 5/14/2007
Message 5 of 6
Creditaddict
Legendary Contributor

@screeema wrote:

I also had this happen to mine, don't hold me to my dates but I believe around Dec. went from $600 to $300, after calling the lady couldn't see why so put it back to $600... Fast forward about 30-45 days and got CLD again from $600 to $305 this time (I assume the $5 was kind of like GE, if they CLD for no activity it goes to $124, I think so reps know that if someone calls they usually can put it back with no issues if you tell them you want to start using again.

However this time I was met by some really nasty people at HSBC and they refused to increase me back to $600 saying my credit wasn't worthy of $600 due to BK. I had to tell her I think she took a wrong turn driving to work this morning if she thinks BK's are an issue with HSBC!!!

I turned around and got 7 new cards with not a single one below $500 (Lowes).

it's really hard but I usually call and ask to be transferred to the US call center and then work my way up 1 or 2 employees and you "MIGHT" find yourself someone that will put it back but don't spend more than 30 minutes on it, it will just be upsetting and a waste of your time = money... believe me I spent hours on it!

Message 6 of 6
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.