Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBRZMC Closed No Carnage

tag
minimock
Frequent Contributor

BBRZMC Closed No Carnage

Closed ye ole high capacity $700 card about 6 weeks ago after an unsuccesful bid to get AF waived, and was waiting for it to report.

Well it did, and no change to EX Fico score..... Sweet. Smiley Happy

Dont fear the shreadder Smiley Happy

Message 1 of 10
9 REPLIES 9
Smug
Established Contributor

Re: BBRZMC Closed No Carnage

Closed mine the day I apped for it, gave me 300.00 I did not realize it had a 59.00 AF
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 2 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

Well, the only way closing a CC can hurt your scores is by losing the avail credit, hence, possibly raising your util, the card will continue to report for 10 years after you close it, so your AAoA's will not be affected right away.

However Congrats to both of you for closing those pesky low limit AF cards Smiley Happy

Message 3 of 10
Smug
Established Contributor

Thats ok appd for five cards last week PSECU 5k, Barclays 5k,Amex, Discover and BOA accelerated rewards Amex, was able to add all five....
Experian® 808/Equifax® ?/TransUnion® 810
Baddies Experian® clean/Equifax® 1/TransUnion® Clean
Last CLI 6-13-2013
Total Credit $121,190.00
Goal 780!
Message 4 of 10
Anonymous
Not applicable

@Smug wrote:
Thats ok appd for five cards last week PSECU 5k, Barclays 5k,Amex, Discover and BOA accelerated rewards Amex, was able to add all five....

Wow, Congrats on that!!!

Message 5 of 10
scientifics
Frequent Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

Well, the only way closing a CC can hurt your scores is by losing the avail credit, hence, possibly raising your util, the card will continue to report for 10 years after you close it, so your AAoA's will not be affected right away.

However Congrats to both of you for closing those pesky low limit AF cards Smiley Happy

Yes! And having the card drop off after 10 years shouldn't hurt since you will have 10 years of history from other cards.

Message 6 of 10
kwazziee
Regular Contributor

@minimock wrote:

Closed ye ole high capacity $700 card about 6 weeks ago after an unsuccesful bid to get AF waived, and was waiting for it to report.

Well it did, and no change to EX Fico score..... Sweet. Smiley Happy

Dont fear the shreadder Smiley Happy

Glad I'm not the only one. Closed and shredded mine last week. Noticed it didn't affect my score at all. CL was 500.

Message 7 of 10
CS800
Super Contributor

Waitign t oclose my $300 BBRZMC

Been stuck at ths amount for 3.5 years no CLI

The letter I got from them last week said 'This account is not eligible for a CLI'

I will cancel before the AF next year.

Message 8 of 10
toytoy
Regular Contributor

I have this card and yes it has a measley limit but I have no AF. Am I missing something? I even called to speak w/ rep who confirmed I do not have an AF. Is there a certain type of the BBRZMC that has the AF. 

Starting Score: EQ 603~TU 613
Current Score: EQ 763~TU 706
Goal Score: 810

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 9 of 10
-RED
Regular Contributor

Yes, the next tier down gets an AF.

I have this card, and another with hsbc advance.

BRZMC is being sold to Capital one, so I'm seriously thinking about just closing it considering 20% is a far from CC happiness.

-800 or Bust...!
Message 10 of 10
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.