Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBRZMC Declined CLI - Crazy scoring

tag
MarcinXP
Frequent Contributor

BBRZMC Declined CLI - Crazy scoring

I honestly think that Fed should really invest time to get into this scoring business. First you have all these crazy websites like "FreeCreditScore.com" which is neither free nor provides you a useful credit score. Then everyone is using their own in-house formula and not FICO...Fed needs to really regulate this so that way if My FICO is 632 then that is what it is across the board and this score is what appears everywhere. I'm tired of these in-house generated scores. Just got my BBRZMC CLI denied by Capital One and it says

Your Score: 1000

The score ranges from a low of 1500 to a high of 1

Date the score was obtained: May 8, 2012

What kind of scoring is that..at first I was like okay 1 to 1500 and I got a 1000 so man what do I have to score...but then I read it closely and I was like...LOW OF 1500 and HIGH OF 1....what kind of 3rd party world country system is that????

Sorry just venting...oh well...the more I get denied for CLIs the more I just want to sit back down and stay in the garden mode for a long time...im now tired of Capital One low limit cards...and I figure you know what...I could care less if I get bumped by $200 or $300 bucks....I will stay in the garden mode....pay on time...then when my last baddie falls off I will apply for a prime card and soons as I get high limits these toy cards are gone...they are good for that they are but nothing more...just rebuilding...I'm surprised Capital One does not have a program where every 90 days they bump people up by $250-$500....nooo they want to offer me another card but refuse to budge from the $500 limit I have on one of their cards...does not make any sense..why would I pay them another Annual Fee and get another low limit card.

Thanks for reading..LOL

NFCU Visa Sig $30k / Amex Blue Cash $25.5k / Fidelity Amex $25k / Chase Freedom $14.5k / Citi Double Cash $5k / Capital One Quicksilver Visa Sig $5k / Citi Best Buy MC $3K / Barclay Rewards MC $2.95k / BOA - BBR $2.5k / SY Lowes $15k / SY Amazon $6k / Target RedCard - $300
Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2
logan_720
Established Contributor

Re: BBRZMC Declined CLI - Crazy scoring

@MarcinXP wrote:

I honestly think that Fed should really invest time to get into this scoring business. First you have all these crazy websites like "FreeCreditScore.com" which is neither free nor provides you a useful credit score. Then everyone is using their own in-house formula and not FICO...Fed needs to really regulate this so that way if My FICO is 632 then that is what it is across the board and this score is what appears everywhere. I'm tired of these in-house generated scores. Just got my BBRZMC CLI denied by Capital One and it says

Your Score: 1000

The score ranges from a low of 1500 to a high of 1

Date the score was obtained: May 8, 2012

What kind of scoring is that..at first I was like okay 1 to 1500 and I got a 1000 so man what do I have to score...but then I read it closely and I was like...LOW OF 1500 and HIGH OF 1....what kind of 3rd party world country system is that????

Sorry just venting...oh well...the more I get denied for CLIs the more I just want to sit back down and stay in the garden mode for a long time...im now tired of Capital One low limit cards...and I figure you know what...I could care less if I get bumped by $200 or $300 bucks....I will stay in the garden mode....pay on time...then when my last baddie falls off I will apply for a prime card and soons as I get high limits these toy cards are gone...they are good for that they are but nothing more...just rebuilding...I'm surprised Capital One does not have a program where every 90 days they bump people up by $250-$500....nooo they want to offer me another card but refuse to budge from the $500 limit I have on one of their cards...does not make any sense..why would I pay them another Annual Fee and get another low limit card.

Thanks for reading..LOL

Uhhh.....huh?

Message 2 of 3
marty56
Super Contributor

Re: BBRZMC Declined CLI - Crazy scoring

The fed can't certify any forumla used by a business nor would you want it to.  Just imagine the amount of work it would take to revise the forumla and would you really want to have the government looking at your CR to verify that it is being calculated correctly?

The reall issue is that most of the Capitol 1 low limit cards will remain so since it is their business model to do so.  Years ago I closed one that was at $300 and if I still had it today, they wouldn't budge on giving me a CLI.

Use them as a part of your path to get what you really want.

1/25/2021: FICO 850 EQ 848 TU 847 EX
Message 3 of 3
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.