Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBRZMC Surprise!!!

tag
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Re: BBRZMC Surprise!!!

Wow, this is unbelievable.  I've had a BBRZMC with a $500 limit for almost 3 years now.  I have never gotten a CLI.  About a year ago, a CSR told me that maybe I should try re-applying for a new card since my credit had gotten better since my card was issued.  She figured I'd get a new card with a higher limit and that I could close my original one.  Well, I got a new card alright, but this one only had a $300 CL.  Since that limit was so small, I kept both the $500 CL card and the $300 CL card open.  Well, after reading this thread, I logged into my account with the $500 limit...nothing.  I then logged into the $300 CL account...CLI from $300 to $600!

Sure is weird how their cards work.  I never would have guess that the $300 CL card open for less than a year would be more likely to get a CLI than the $500 CL card open for 3 years with perfect payment history.

With this many CLI's happening at the same time, it almost makes me paranoid that someone hacked into their system and started handing out CLIs.

Message 31 of 39
ficofox
Regular Contributor

@valley_man0505 wrote:
.........With this many CLI's happening at the same time, it almost makes me paranoid that someone hacked into their system and started handing out CLIs.

I think it was Oprah.  "You get a CLI...You get a CLI....and...You get a CLI!"  Wouldn't that be fun to do, though? Not that I condone hacking. Smiley Surprised

With FICO, time heals all wounds.

Take the FICO Fitness Challenge

Message 32 of 39
Anonymous
Not applicable

had mine since july. I am still at 100. :-( I do hope this is a sign things are changing and maybe the CLI button will work soon. I have used this card every month and some month more than others. I even charged it up to 99 one month in order to show usage and lately I have been putting no more than 15-30 bucks and paying it off. Hope I get one soon. Congrats on you guys that did.

Message 33 of 39
valley_man0505
Established Contributor

Oh, FYI...neither of my 2 accounts ever had a CLI button when I logged in.  Since there was no "luv button" and since I never received any CLI on my $500 card over the years, I just always assumed that both cards were one of their Tier B cards where your initial CL is all you can ever get (no CLI possible...ever). 

I guess maybe only my first $500 CL card was a Tier B and my second $300 CL card was a Tier A even though the starting CL was smaller.

Message 34 of 39
hawkeye33
Regular Contributor

Thanks for the heads up. $300 auto CLI for me as well. Not sure if it was coincidence, but I believe February was the anniversary of my first statement with the card. Started at $1K with no AF, so now I'm up to $1300. Better yet, balance was up around $850 after Christmas, but I just PIF after I got my tax refund, so the CL went up and the balance went way down. Oh, if only every card could be like that.....

Message 35 of 39
mahendra82
Contributor

I wonder what the criteria they use for a CL. I started off with 500 as well, and I have not gotten a CL. I always PIF, and, at one point, I had "heavy" (relative to balance) usage of this card. 

Message 36 of 39
MS00000000
Regular Contributor

@mahendra82 wrote:

I wonder what the criteria they use for a CL. I started off with 500 as well, and I have not gotten a CL. I always PIF, and, at one point, I had "heavy" (relative to balance) usage of this card. 

This is my situation also, started with 500 about 6 months ago, no annual fee, always PIF, no CLI.

Message 37 of 39
grussell70
Contributor

i checked today and the gave me a 100.00 cli. now my cl is 400.00. i don't really use them much. i have my psecu card and i don't worry about them.

Starting Score:05/02/2010- TU-589-EQ-549
Current Score: 02/13/2012- TU-711-EQ-675-EX-735
Goal Score: TU-750-EQ-700-EX-750
Take the FICO Fitness Challenge
Message 38 of 39
Woolfman
Established Contributor

I have a gold that is 750 CL . put on average 1300 to 2200 a month through it and i didnt get one .  No CLI on the Plat version either its at 600  Smiley Sad bleh ( but i dont use it because of the gold when i got the plat i was expecting to ditch the gold but they waived the AF so i kept it open)

Message 39 of 39
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.