Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA 5x NBA All-Star Weekend Promo

tag
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

BBVA 5x NBA All-Star Weekend Promo

The NBA All-Star Weekend is from 2/12-2/14 and during that time we can earn 5x points on all purchases. Apparently "cash-like" purchases will not qualify, I've heard that Square transactions don't work. Apple Pay and other digital wallets also don't qualify for the points. 

I will be paying my car insurance for all my cars for the whole year, paying all utilities, all food expenses, a ton of sporting equipment. I hope I they wont freeze my account over security concerns. I hear they have a $5k per day spending limit, is this true? If so, I will be maxing those out each day very quickly. 

Has anyone had any good/bad experiences with this? What are you planning to buy this weekend with your BBVA NBA card? 

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18
weehoo
Frequent Contributor

Re: BBVA 5x NBA All-Star Weekend Promo

That seems nice, i get minimal usage from my card!

Citi AAdvantage WE - 41k | Marriott Bonvoy Brilliance - 29k | Citi Double Cash - 19 .5k | Southwest Premier - 39k | Discover Miles - 23k | GECRB Ebates Visa - 10k | Golden1 Rewards - $10k | Ducks Unlimited - 6k |
Message 2 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the heads up!! I will be taking advantage of this offer.

Message 3 of 19
baller4life
Super Contributor

5% EVERYTHING weekend!!!!! Swipe those NBA cards. Yeah baby!!! Smiley Very Happy
Message 4 of 19
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Thanks for the reminder !  I will swipe until the stripe falls off....Smiley Tongue

SisterGirl
Message 5 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have a green Celtics Card and I confused it with my Amex serve card, didnt put in wallet.. So my in and out this morning didn't give me 5%…
Message 6 of 19
Gmood1
Super Contributor

Yup using mine this weekend! Thanks for the heads up!
Message 7 of 19
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

Appreciate the heads up. Smiley Happy

Message 8 of 19
Anonymous
Not applicable

I am wondering if they will be so nice to give us a CLI on their cards to take advantage of the 5x points Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 19
-Cal-
Valued Contributor

@Anonymous wrote:

I am wondering if they will be so nice to give us a CLI on their cards to take advantage of the 5x points Smiley Wink

You should try and let us know.

Message 10 of 19
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.