Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BBVA AmEx Spend Bonus $25-$50

tag
pipeguy
Senior Contributor

BBVA AmEx Spend Bonus $25-$50

Got an email from BBVA Compass tonight offering an "extra" $25 for $500 spend or $50 for $1000 spend between 11/30 and 12/19.

Although I got approved for a $20k SL I've treaded very lightly with this card due to the stories on these forums when they close cards for no good reason. So far I've only charged $60 +/- on one in store purchase which I PIF within a couple of days and I should note I've had zero problems with my BBVA AmEx. That said, I have no problem using the card as a regular spender, if I was sure they weren't going to close it before it even reports to the CRA's (has not yet).

Now I get a promotional email saying "go spend some money and we'll give you some back" - the nice thing is its 5% with no limitation as to what I spend it on.....tempted..  

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6
SisterGirl
Established Contributor

Re: BBVA AmEx Spend Bonus $25-$50

I also received that email & I've been pondering the best way to make it work for maximum benefit. Unlike some others I've read about, I've not had one bother from them though I don't use it all that much. I think the offer received today is a really good deal !

SisterGirl
Message 2 of 7
CreditMagic7
Mega Contributor

No issues whatsoever here either.

Just finished up the first Bonus and everything PIF and now also got this same email too and so soon on the heels of the first one.

Not treading lightly with this card either but been aggressive right out the gate with it and no probs. Liking Compass A LOT!!

Message 3 of 7
Gmood1
Super Contributor

I also received this offer today. So far no issues with BBVA. It saved me yesterday after NFCU blocked my card. Lol
Message 4 of 7
Themanwhocan
Senior Contributor

What is BBVA wallet?

So we should be able to purchase an amazon.com gift card online, and get $25 or %50 back, so an extra 5% on top of the normal 1%.

TU-8: 804 EX-8: 805 EQ-8: 788 EX-98: 767 EQ-04: 752    
TU-9 Bankcard: 837 EQ-9: 823 EX-9 Bankcard: 837
Total $443,800
Message 5 of 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Nice bonus! Please let us know if you decide to use it. Hopefully, you won't receive any AA.
Message 6 of 7
tntexans72
Valued Contributor

Makes no sense why would anyone worried about getting an AA. He was approved for 20k. Just use and pay...just like any other cards. You get AA for not paying your bills or they did a SP and found out you are maximizing out your other accounts. Sometimes ppl post about AA but we can only assumed they are telling us the whole story and not leave out other details that raises a red flag. 

Message 7 of 7
Advertiser Disclosure: The offers that appear on this site are from third party advertisers from whom FICO receives compensation.